Northern Lights & Fontana Geothermal Baths
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Revitalise your body and soul by bathing in the geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana.
Our guide to Northern Lights & Fontana Geothermal Baths
Geothermal Baths at Laugarvatn Fontana
We drive through the beautiful UNESCO site Þingvellir National Park on our way to Laugarvatn Fontana where you have the option to buy dinner at their restaurant for an additional cost. Fontana has three steam rooms built over a natural hot spring and a traditional sauna along with four different hot pools. The more adventurous travellers, can take a dip in lake Laugarvatn (when accessible) and cool down between the steam baths and sauna. The steam temperatures range between 40°C and 50°C (104°F and 122°F), depending on the temperature of the hot springs and the weather. The steam rooms create a unique experience since you can smell the natural hot water boiling underneath the grids on the floor. The traditional sauna has lower humidity than the steam rooms, but the temperature is higher, between 80°C and 90°C (176°F and 194°F). The three connected outdoor mineral baths vary in depth, size and temperature. It is the perfect setting to relax and socialise. From the baths, you can see a panoramic view of the countryside around Fontana and the northern lights dancing in the sky if you are lucky and they show up early.
Sóley Organics shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner are available in the changing rooms. If you didn´t bring a swimsuit and/or towel to Iceland, don´t worry, you can rent them for a moderate fee at Fontana.
Northern Lights Hunt in Iceland
On our way back to Reykjavík, we go on a northern lights hunt, one of Iceland's most unforgettable sights. Our team of experts studies the northern lights and cloud forecasts to find the best spot for a sighting but since the northern lights are a natural phenomenon, sightings can not be guaranteed.
Tour duration: 18:00 - 00:30 (return time can vary due to road and weather conditions)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights & Fontana Geothermal Baths
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- If you don´t see northern lights on this tour you get a free ticket for RE62 Northern Lights Tour to try your luck again!
- Admission to the geothermal baths, natural steam baths and the use of shower and changing rooms with personal locker. Shampoo, conditioner, creams and cotton pads are available in locker rooms free of charge.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Children younger than 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Max 2 per person older than 18 years.
- Only two children under the age of 18 are allowed per one paying adult.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 45 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.C
- The Northern Lights Tour depends on weather & sightings are not guaranteed. Indicated return times can vary.
- No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Reykjavik Excursions. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.