Golden Circle & Fontana Wellness
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This amazing day tour takes you around the Golden Circle to see three of Iceland’s highlights Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir geothermal area and Thingvellir National Park, before heading to Fontana’s natural steam baths.
Our guide to Golden Circle & Fontana Wellness
The original sauna was built in the 1920s and was little more than a shack with two compartments, built above the hot spring that bubbles and gurgles below the ground. Today, a modern complex welcomes you to relax with various hot tubs and steam baths naturally heated by Icelandic hot springs.
Upon arrival in Fontana you will take a short walk with a local person to a nearby natural hot spring which is used as a local natural bakery for the village. You will get to know the methods how to bake a loaf of bread in a hot spring and watch while they dig up a typical Icelandic rye bread which has been slowly baked in the hot spring. Before dipping into the Fontana hot tubs and enjoy the natural steam baths you will be offered to taste the rye bread.
At Fontana you can have drinks while relaxing in the hot spring water and enjoy the spectacular view.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Golden Circle & Fontana Wellness
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. Swimsuits and towels can be rented on the spot.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 45 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally.
- Depending on hotel locations etc. this can sometimes take 15-45 minutes. Once everyone is present, your tour will depart.C
- The Northern Lights Tour depends on weather & sightings are not guaranteed. Indicated return times can vary.
- No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes outside the control of Reykjavik Excursions. All such losses and expenses are the personal liability of the traveller.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.