Midnight Sun Whale Watching Iceland
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Go whale watching under the midnight sun – a unique experience during your stay in Iceland!
Our guide to Midnight Sun Whale Watching Iceland
During the summer months we have nearly 24 hours of daylight, which allows us to operate the fantastic Midnight Sun whale watching tour. There’s something extra-special about seeing whales in the evening, surrounded by the glow from an evening sun reflecting off the waters of Faxaflói Bay. You set sail at 21:00 and head back just before midnight, giving you plenty of time to search for whales with one of our expert guides. The most common species we see on our tours are humpback whales, minke whales, white-beaked dolphins and harbour porpoises.
Approximately 2.5 hours
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Midnight Sun Whale Watching Iceland
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- The tour is dependent on weather and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Transfers are not available for this tour.
- There is no allocated parking available at the harbour, but there are plenty of pay-to-park spots nearby. There is also a free parking area in the next harbour (5 minute walk).
- Weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable during the winter months. Boat captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort.
- Warm clothes such as hats, mittens and scarfs are recommended, as well as good footwear.
- This tour follows IceWhale code of conduct for responsible whale watching.
- Children aged 0-6 years old may participate in the tour for free.
- You will be asked to show a valid form of photo ID upon arrival for check-in.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.