South Shore Adventure
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This South Shore Adventure tour is ideal for nature lovers of all kinds. We take you along the south coast of Iceland, one of the country’s most scenic regions, as far as Vík, a charming village surrounded by high beautiful bird cliffs.
Our guide to South Shore Adventure
South Coast Iceland
South Iceland is special in that it is one of the flattest regions on the island. As a result, nearly all grain farming in Iceland is done there. The high mountains to the north, shield the area from the harshest northern winds.
Eyjafjallajökull, Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss and more!
Among the stops on this tour are the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljalandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. We recommend you bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to stroll behind it which we of course highly recommend. Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. This most picturesque of all waterfalls is something of a film star, having been used as a backdrop in films such as Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Iceland Black Sand Beach
Open spaces and fresh air
We will also stop at Reynisfjara black sand beach, with the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt. It is one of the most spectacular beaches in Iceland but can be quite dangerous due to powerful sneaker waves, and we kindly ask our guests not to go too close to the ocean and follow all guidelines. Additionally, we stop by Sólheimajökull glacier and walk up to a small lake that has formed in front of the retreating glacier.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Shore Adventure
- Although your booking will be confirmed, tickets will not be available to download until 30 days before your visit date.
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket, and sturdy shoes are recommended
- We recommend bringing thermal layers, a winter hat, scarf, gloves, and wearing warm socks for colder days
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Pick-up from hotels and guesthouses starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time. You will be advised specific times upon reconfirmation locally - if "hotel pick-up" ticket is selected.
- Pick-up from BSI Bus Terminal if this ticket is selected.
- Returning from your tour, you will be dropped off at the pick-up point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.