Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A fast and thrilling ride through the Marshy bayous and open waterways awaits you!
An airboat tour through Louisiana’s famous swamps is the perfect way to experience the untamed side of New Orleans.
Our guide to Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans
As you go back in the swamp land once inhabited by the Pirate Jean Lafitte, you will see why everyone falls in love with the marshy bayous and open waterways on the southern coast.
Your guide/captain will share all their firsthand knowledge of, and often up-close acquaintance with, the inhabitants of the marshes, from alligators and birds to nutria and even deer!
Covering over 20,000 acres of tidewater cypress swamp and bayous lined with moss-draped cypress and tupelo-gum trees, you’ll be introduced to diverse aquatic vegetation unique to this area of the country.
It makes the coastal erosion disaster that Louisiana faces a stark reality but it does so among the most beautiful (and photogenic) scenery.
Choice of boat
There are two different-sized vessels to choose from:
- Large boat: 15-27 passengers
- Small boat: 6-8 passengers
Daily, year round - except Mardi Gras, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
8.45am, 10.45am or 12.45pm
Just under 4 hours (includes travel time + 2 hour cruise)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans
- Pregnant women, children under 5 years old, and people with neck or back problems are not allowed on airboat tours.
- Airboats are not suitable for wheelchair-bound guests.
- Service dogs are not allowed as alligators do swim up close to the airboats.
- Gratuities are not included and are appreciated by the guides when they meet or exceed your expectations.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans
What is an Airboat Swamp Tour, and why should I experience it?
An Airboat Swamp Tour is a high-speed, flat-bottomed boat ride through the lush swamps and bayous of Louisiana. It's a unique and exhilarating way to explore the rich wildlife and breath-taking scenery, including alligators, birds, and beautiful cypress trees.
Can I spot alligators during the tour?
Absolutely! The swamps and bayous are home to a variety of wildlife, including the iconic American alligator. Our knowledgeable guides will do their best to help you spot these incredible creatures in their natural habitat.
What happens in case of inclement weather?
Safety is paramount. In the event of inclement weather, tours may be rescheduled or cancelled. We'll keep you informed and work with you to find the best solution.
Clothing & Accessories
What should I wear and bring for the tour?
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and footwear, as well as bringing sunglasses, sunscreen, and a camera to capture the unforgettable moments. Don't forget your sense of adventure!