Grand Canyon Discovery Helicopter Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Exclusive landing flight departing from Grand Canyon West.
Take a journey into the Grand Canyon on an exclusive landing flight departing from Grand Canyon West. Experience spectacular bird's-eye views of lands sacred to the Hualapai Tribe aboard our premier ECO-Star helicopter.
Our guide to Grand Canyon Discovery Helicopter Tour
Fly through the canyon and experience the time-forged rock formations and stunning coloration as the Grand Canyon walls surround. Descend and land 3,500 feet below the rim where you will enjoy the mystique and grandeur of the Grand Canyon from our exclusive landing site only 300 feet above the mighty Colorado River.
You will spend approximately 20 minutes enjoying breathtaking views of the canyon so make sure to bring your camera for one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.
Grand Canyon West should not be confused with Grand Canyon National Park (South Rim), as it is located about 3.5 hours away by car. Please note that this experience requires the purchase of a Grand Canyon West general admission ticket (starting at $49 USD) for entry into the park. Maverick's Grand Canyon Discovery flight, departing from Grand Canyon West, offers memories to last a lifetime
Total: Approx. 40 minutes - Airtime: Approx. 10 minutes each way - Landing: Approx. 20 minutes
Grand Canyon West Airport
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs will be required to purchase a comfortable seat. A 50% surcharge will be applicable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in.
Grand Canyon West Airport
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Canyon Discovery Helicopter Tour
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- This tour is only available from Grand Canyon West heliport
- Photo ID is required at check-in.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- A $30 fuel surcharge is currently applicable to this tour and payable upon check-in.
- Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs will be required to purchase a comfort seat, the equivalent of paying for two seats. This will be be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. Guests with inaccurately stated body weights may be cancelled with no refund.
- Children over the age of 2 years are required to purchase a seat. Children aged 2 or less may travel on a parent's lap. Proof of child's age required (passport or birth certificate).
- Helicopter excursions require a minimum number of passengers to operate. If we are unable to fill the aircraft, we will try to contact you to see if you can reschedule. If you are unable to reschedule, the reservation will be cancelled at no charge.
- All times are approximate. Schedules are subject to change.
- Should your chosen flight not be available, we’ll do our best to place you and your party on the nearest possible flight. If the amended time and date not be suitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Canyon Discovery Helicopter Tour
Is there a maximum weight limit for a passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs will be required to purchase a comfort seat, the equivalent of purchasing another seat, which be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in.