Garden District Walking Tour
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Built to rival the Creoles’ French quarter, the Garden district is a beautiful neighbourhood with stunning examples of Greek revival and Italianate architecture. Tour the interior of the Opera Guild Home, circa 1865, on the only tour that takes you inside one of the beautiful mansions of the Garden District!
Our guide to Garden District Walking Tour
Once part of the plantation owned by Bienville, the founder of New Orleans, explore this area with the aid of an expert guide beginning at the “American” section of town that was built to rival the architectural splendor of the Creoles’ French Quarter.
This historic district is known for its marvelous examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture - see the homes of former Kings and Queens of Mardi Gras as well as the abode of the premier family of football - the Mannings - where Archie lives and Peyton and Eli grew up.
See the residence of actor John Goodman, the former home of celebrated author Anne Rice, and Toby’s Corner, the oldest house in the area (built in 1838).
The Garden District is the site of many feature movies and Television shows.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's, year round.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Garden District Walking Tour
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- During warmer months, wear lightly coloured clothing. Caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- The Garden District Walking Tour will depart The Rink (2727 Prytania Street)
- Infants 0-5 years sitting on parents lap are free of charge. Proof of age may be required locally.
- Please note, due to the home's historic nature, access is by stairs only.
- Gratuities are not included and are appreciated by the guides when they meet or exceed your expectations.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.