Golden Circle and Northern Lights by SuperJeep
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See three exceptional Icelandic sights - Thingvellir National Park, Geysir geothermal area, and Gullfoss waterfall on one itinerary on this incredible Super Jeep tour where you will immerse yourself in the country's nature, geology, and history while taking some impressive photos! Combine this with a Northern Lights Tour to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as Aurora Borealis.
Our guide to Golden Circle and Northern Lights by SuperJeep
Explore Iceland's Golden Circle on this fascinating tour which also includes an adrenaline-pumping off-road drive to Langjökull glacier, the second largest ice cap in Iceland!
The first stop is Thingvellir National Park where the Icelandic parliament was founded over 1000 years ago. Here you will see how the earth is ever-so-slowly pulling apart along the North America and Eurasian tectonic plates and you can even stand where the Viking settlers stood centuries ago to edict national laws.
Next, you will visit the Geysir geothermal area in Haukadalur where you can see geysers, hot springs, steam vents, and eerie blue algae. Strokkur is one of the largest and most powerful geysers and erupts almost every 5 minutes!
The final stop of the Golden Circle takes you to Gullfoss waterfall, which many consider to be the queen of Icelandic waterfalls, as it is both high and mighty and stumbles dramatically in a deep gorge.
After recharging your batteries at Gullfoss Café it's time to head off-road across glaciers and highlands, splashing through rivers and the rough terrain. You will enjoy the landscape from your super Jeep while occasionally stopping next to incredible sights.
Next is the Northern Lights Tour
The elders say that the harsher the night's frost, the more intense the colours will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red and pink lights can also appear.
The Northern Lights SuperJeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, so we reserve the right to cancel at any time.
If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you the chance to go on another night for free.
So make sure you book your Northern Lights SuperJeep tour for your first night in town in order to maximise your chances of sightings. Please note that the size of your group can grow if we've had to cancel several nights in a row due to weather.
This tour lasts 3-4 hours. Free pick-up from your hotel in the capital area begins at 8:00 pm. From 15/09 - 31/09 and 15/03 - 15/04. The pick-up starts at 9:00 pm due to a longer daylight.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Golden Circle and Northern Lights by SuperJeep
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- A minimum of two passengers are required in order for the tour to operate.
- The supplement for the snowmobile ride is in addition to the tour. You will need to add the number of adults and children who wish to do the tour into the basket, plus those who would also like to do the snowmobile (per person).
- Please note that the age limit for snowmobile tours is 6 years old.
- The age limit to operate a snowmobile is 18 years old, and a fully valid driver’s license is needed as well. Children and those who don’t hold a driver’s license are welcome to ride as passengers.
- There is no overall maximum group size as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- The supplier reserves the right to alter tours due to weather or road conditions or any other circumstances out of their control. This includes cancellation at any moment during the tour to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- A child rate is available for children under 12 years old. One child per adult. If you have an additional child travelling with you, the additional children are required to pay the adult rate.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. If your hotel isn't on the pick-up list, a convenient nearby pick-up point will be advised.
- This activity is subject to weather conditions.
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- The Northern Lights superjeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions and we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you an opportunity to try again for FREE!, if you were on the tour a refund is not possible. However, your ticket is valid for 3 years for rebooking, the FREE try will always be pending on availability, if we need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather and you did not do the tour at all, you get a full refund (this will not apply if you did the tour and did not see the northern lights, or if your second attempt is cancelled due to bad weather)
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.