South Shore Katla and Northern Lights Tour by SuperJeep
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get ready for a scenery overload on this luxury SUV tour which takes in the Katla Ice Cave, the beautiful Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls, a black sand beach, some towering cliffs, the odd quaint fishing village, and much more! Combine this with a Northern Lights Tour to observe this fascinating natural phenomenon also known as Aurora Borealis.
Our guide to South Shore Katla and Northern Lights Tour by SuperJeep
This South Iceland Super Jeep tour takes you to a diverse landscape of lush farmland, glaciers, dramatic sandy coastline, and striking waterfalls but, of course, the undoubted highlight is the Katla Ice Cave or "The Secret Ice Cave".
Inside the cave are high walls of black, white, and blue ice that have been sculpted by glacial water throughout the centuries. Water drips all around and the air is cold and fresh.
Next, take some almost unbelievable photos at the beautiful Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, which has a path that allows you to walk behind it, and the mighty Skógafoss waterfall before taking a walk and driving on a black sand beach and peering up at the bird cliffs that surround the quaint coastal village of Vík.
On the way home, you will pass the greenhouse town of Hveragerði, named after the abundant geothermal activity in the area which allows the locals to grow all kinds of plants and produce in row upon row in greenhouses.
The sights on Iceland's South shore and Katla Ice Cave are impressive, and exploring them in a Superjeep makes the experience even more memorable.
Next is the Northern Lights Tour
The elders say that the harsher the night's frost, the more intense the colours will be. Swirling and swaying overhead, displays are usually greenish-yellow but white, red and pink lights can also appear.
The Northern Lights SuperJeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions, so we reserve the right to cancel at any time.
If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you the chance to go on another night for free.
So make sure you book your Northern Lights SuperJeep tour for your first night in town in order to maximise your chances of sightings. Please note that the size of your group can grow if we've had to cancel several nights in a row due to weather.
This tour lasts 3-4 hours. Free pick-up from your hotel in the capital area begins at 8:00 pm, from 15 September - 31 September and 15 March - 15 April. The pick-up starts at 9:00 pm due to a longer daylight.
This tour operates: on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and lasts 8-9 hours plus 3-4 hours for the Northern Lights Tour.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for South Shore Katla and Northern Lights Tour by SuperJeep
- A minimum of two passengers is required for the tour to operate.
- Itinerary subject to change depending on local conditions, weather etc.
- Hotel pick-up is available from most centrally located hotels. If your hotel isn't on the pick-up list, a convenient nearby pick-up point will be advised.
- Transport is by Land Rover Defender, all modified with big wheels and equipped with GPS, first-aid kits and other sorts of security equipment.
- There is no overall maximum group-size as such but each vehicle used normally seats a maximum of 6 passengers.
- It is important to understand that in Iceland you can experience all four seasons in less than one day. It is vital to wear comfortable and appropriate clothing like waterproof, walking shoes, dress in layers to be able to enjoy your journey to the fullest.
- One child per adult. If you have an additional child travelling with you, the additional children are required to pay the adult rate.
- The Northern Lights superjeep tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions and we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer you an opportunity to try again for FREE!, if you were on the tour a refund is not possible. However, your ticket is valid for 3 years for rebooking, the FREE try will always be pending on availability, if we need to cancel all your nights due to bad weather and you did not do the tour at all, you get a full refund (this will not apply if you did the tour and did not see the northern lights, or if your your second attempt is cancelled due to bad weather)
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.