Blue Mountains Sunset & Wilderness Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Don't miss the chance to visit one of the most spectacular World Heritage-listed National Parks
Explore the Blue Mountains National Park in the late afternoon sunlight and capture the sunset over the rugged ranges and valleys. This incredible tour is designed to maximise your time enjoying the stunning scenery and native forests.
Our guide to Blue Mountains Sunset & Wilderness Tour
Avoid the crowds on this relaxed exploration of the Blue Mountains! Explore the changing moods of the Blue Mountains in the late afternoon sunlight and capture the sunset over the rugged ranges and valleys.
Avoid the peak hour traffic of Sydney with later departures and returns to maximise your time enjoying the stunning scenery and native forests. With a late morning departure, you will have extra time to explore Sydney before joining this tour to one of the world's most spectacular World Heritage-listed national parks.
Located 50 kilometres from Sydney CBD, the Blue Mountains is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna and is rich in Aboriginal heritage. A rugged mountain range of unique sandstone formations and steep cliffs, the Blue Mountains is known for its dramatic landscape. Surrounded by giant eucalyptus trees which creates a blue haze that lives up to its name.
After lunch (own expense), you’ll continue to explore the amazing Jamison Valley. Get up close to the storied sandstone formation, the iconic Three Sisters. Hike along some impressive bush trails toward one of the most breathtaking waterfalls in New South Wales. Next. settle in to watch the sun sink behind the distant mountains casting shadows over the rock formations and eucalyptus forests.
On the journey home, take a quick break to grab some dinner (own expense) before going kangaroo spotting! Many of Australia’s native animals are much more active in the dusk hours and explore some of the secret spots where you are most likely to find wildlife.
This tour departs from The Grace Hotel Sydney, 77 York Street Sydney.
10.00am in the summer months and 12.00pm in the winter months. This tour is affected by daylight savings hours, the departure time changes throughout the year to maximise the sunset experience.
Around 10.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Blue Mountains Sunset & Wilderness Tour
- A moderate level of fitness required to complete the walks.
- This tour is operated by Autopia Tours. The operator reserves the right to alter the itinerary and operating days due to weather, special events, and/or third-party availability.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 23 passengers.
- This tour is not suitable for infants or children under 5 years old, due to the nature and length of the tour.
- Child fare prices are valid from 6 to 12 years old. Please specify the age of any child traveling.
- Alcohol is not permitted onboard our vehicles. We reserve the right to refuse re-entry if passengers are overly intoxicated and propose a threat to other passengers, our driver or vehicle.
- What to bring: 1L refillable water bottle, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, comfortable shoes that are non-slip and good for walking (closed shoe), warm jumper or windproof jacket for the evening, beach towel, camera and small day pack 5-7kg.
- Meals and drinks are not not provided. You can purchase food and drinks locally at your own expense.
- Australian wildlife sightings can not be guaranteed as the animals are in the wild.
- For your safety, we have implemented comprehensive hygiene measures and increased regular sanitation. Face masks and hand-sanitizer will be provided.
- The terrain is not suitable for mobility-impaired travelers, wheelchairs, walkers, prams or strollers.
- There is limited storage space on the vehicle. Baggage kept to 1 x 5-7kg day bag per person.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 7 days of your chosen activity date. A fee of 50% of the tour cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7-3 days prior to travel. - No refund will be issued for bookings cancelled 48 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.