Half Day by the Bay: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
From North Beach to Fisherman’s Wharf, this three-hour walking tour uncovers the city’s history, its hidden gems, and some of its most iconic attractions. Finish the day with an hour-long bay cruise taking you right under the Golden Gate Bridge and around the infamous Alcatraz Island.
Our guide to Half Day by the Bay: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
Every couple of blocks, San Francisco transitions from Shanghai to Rome, Hanoi to San Salvador. For many, the beating heart of San Francisco is the legacies that lie within the generations of people - artists and activists, inventors, and survivors.
On this three-hour walking tour (paired with an hour-long cruise) journey through some of San Francisco's most distinct neighborhoods, including North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf. To end your tour, depart on an hour-long cruise getting up close and personal with her most iconic structure, the Golden Gate Bridge.
In the 1960s, Beat poets like Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac mingled with little Italian grandmothers on the streets of North Beach. Follow along on a dive into the city’s artistic roots starting from Jack Kerouac Alley. Move up Columbus Avenue - the main strip through the predominantly Italian neighborhood where your guide will uncover the hidden gems lying just beneath the usual hotspots. Jet off to places where Hollywood titans dreamed up some of their most iconic ideas - understandable given the palpable artistic undercurrent that ebbs and flows through the city’s veins.
Further north, climb two blocks to "The Crookedest Street in the World", before heading to the chocolate empire of Ghirardelli Square. Pause to savor a piece of chocolate (complimentary, of course), then wander on down to Fisherman's Wharf. It may be one of the city’s busiest tourist areas, but your guide will show you how to navigate the popular area before heading to Pier 39 to meet the real stars of the city: San Francisco’s resident sea lions.
You’ll round out the afternoon with a cruise across the bay, taking in some of the city’s best sights from the water. Your boat sails past the waterfront neighborhood of the Marina District, onto the Presidio, and travels under the Golden Gate Bridge. A loop of Alcatraz Island is a welcome addition to the hour-long jaunt - the closest you can get without Alcatraz tickets. Afterward, you’ll return to Pier 39 where you can spend the evening exploring the area for yourself and musing over everything you learned on your tour.
Everyday except Tuesday & Wednesday.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Half Day by the Bay: North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf & Scenic Bay Cruise
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- This tour has a maximum capacity of 20 guests.
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed on this tour.
- Unfortunately, you can not take strollers on this tour.
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that San Francisco has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.