One Hour Canal Cruise & Amsterdam Icebar
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Avoid the queues and save money with this fantastic ticket combining a leisurely 60-minute Amsterdam Canal Cruise and a visit to the coolest bar in town, the Icebar. Everything inside is made from ice; the walls, the bar and even the glasses you drink from.
Our guide to One Hour Canal Cruise & Amsterdam Icebar
Visit Amsterdam's coolest bar and take a leisurely cruise around the city's picturesque canals on this great value combo ticket.
At the Icebar, you will be given a warm poncho and mittens to keep you warm as everything in the Icebar is made of ice: the walls, the bar and even the glasses you drink from!
Approximately 60 tonnes of natural ice was used to build the Icebar and is equipped with colourful lights, which together with "party music" creates a cosy atmosphere in minus 10 degrees Celsius.
You will also get a chance to experience Amsterdam from the water on a canal cruise. Marvel at the cutting-edge architecture of the eastern docklands and soak-up the atmosphere of the historic ring of canals.
Many buildings date from the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, the so-called Golden Age. Trade flourished and this is reflected in the elaborately decorated facades.
Relax while the commentary entertains you with interesting stories about the canals, their bridges, the canal houses, and the houseboats.
Daily, year round. Does not operate 25 December or 1 January.
Amsterdam Icebar is open daily, from 12.30pm to 1.00am. Cruise departs every 30 minutes from 9.30am to 9.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for One Hour Canal Cruise & Amsterdam Icebar
- Please note, when in Amsterdam you must redeem your voucher at the Tours & Tickets shop (Damrak 26).
- You will select your time for the Icebar from the drop down under the calendar, during the booking process you will then be asked for your preferred time for the canal cruise. Please allow for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes between attractions. Time slots are on request.
- Children must be aged 12 years and over. No entrance allowed for children aged 0-11years.
- A warm coat and gloves at the Amsterdam Icebar to stay warm
- In accordance with Dutch law, alcoholic beverages won’t be served to visitors under the age of 18.
- Cruises depart daily, every 30 minutes, from 9.00am to 9.30pm (times subject to change).
- Canal buses are not easily accessible for wheelchairs. A wheelchair lift is not available to customers and to access to the boat is via a set of stairs.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for One Hour Canal Cruise & Amsterdam Icebar
How can I get to the Amsterdam Icebar?
The Amsterdam Icebar is located at Amstel 194-196, 1017 AG Amsterdam.
You can take tram 4 or 14 from Amsterdam Central Station and get out at stop Rembrandtplein (2 stops), then walk 3 minutes. You can also take metro 51, 53, 54 and get out in Waterlooplein Station, and walk 3 minutes.
Duration of Visit
How long can I stay inside Amsterdam Icebar?
Inside the actual Icebar, you can stay up to 20 minutes (if you dare). But, you may hang out in the lounge as long as you like, and try the selection of delicious cocktails.
Clothing & Accessories
Is there a dress code for the Amsterdam Icebar? Do I have to bring warm clothes?
There is no dress code (as long as you’re decent). They will provide you with an extra coat and gloves before entering the Icebar which you can wear over your regular clothes. However, we do not recommend to wear shorts, skirts, dresses or open shoes as it can get pretty cold.
Is there wheelchair access in the Amsterdam Icebar?
Wheelchairs may enter through the main door as we are located on a ground floor (no steps required). However to enter the Icebar itself, there is a step from 5 cm, normal wheelchairs which can be lifted up will have no problem entering. Not suitable for electric wheelchairs.
How cold is the Amsterdam Icebar?
It is -10°C, but in the Lounge bar it is comfortably warm.
Can I take photos inside?
Absolutely, in fact it is encouraged!
What kind of drinks are included in the Amsterdam Icebar ticket?
Upon entering, you will get 1 golden and 2 silver coins. The golden coin is for a cocktail or beer at the Lounge Bar (can also request for soft drinks).
The silver coins are for 2 drinks in the Icebar which will be served in a glass made of ice. You will be able to choose among different flavours of vodka, regular vodka, sambuca, rum, Heineken beer and for the most healthy ones, orange juice.