Grand Discovery Air Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Grand Discovery Air Tour is the best way to see the natural wonders of the Grand Canyon
Experience a magnificent bird's eye view of the Grand Canyon on the Grand Discovery Air Tour. On this 40-50 minute flight, you will see the Kaibab National Forest, Kaibab Plateau, Little Colorado River, Imperial Point and more!
Our guide to Grand Discovery Air Tour
Meet at the Grand Canyon south airport, board your plane and relax as you get ready to soak up the incredible scenery of the Grand Canyon. If you are pushed for time, then this 40-50 minute sightseeing flight offers the perfect solution to see what this natural wonder has to offer.
Each aircraft comes equipped with climate control and headset narration for each passenger. You'll fly over the Kaibab National Forest, Kaibab Plateau, Confluence of Colorado, Little Colorado River, Imperial Point, and Zuni Corridor. All seats onboard provide fantastic unobstructed views for sightseeing and plenty of opportunities to snap some pictures to look back at for years to come.
This Grand Discovery tour is perfect for families and individuals who wish to enjoy all of the Grand Canyon's beauty by plane.
Operates: Daily, year-round except 25th December
Tour Duration: Approximately 40-50 minutes flight
Departure Location: Grand Canyon South Rim terminal, 3555 Airport Rd, Grand Canyon Village, AZ, 86023
Fuel Surcharge - All tours before and up to 31 March 2024 are subject to a $15 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Discovery Air Tour
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- This tour departs from Grand Canyon South Rim terminal.
- Transportation is NOT included. Please make your own way to Grand Canyon South Rim terminal, 3555 Airport Rd, Grand Canyon Village, AZ, 86023
- Photo ID is required at check-in. All passengers 18 years of age and older must present a government-issued photo ID
- Round-trip aerial flight time is approximately 40 - 50 minutes.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- You may bring a bottle of water, however, the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- A lift or boarding ramp is available to assist in boarding/disembarking.
- Guests must reach the Grand Canyon National Park Airport 45 minutes before their flight time.
- A face mask is required for guests and employees.
- Pilot gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Infants aged 0-1 year fly for free and must fly on a parent/guardian's lap. A birth certificate or passport is required to validate the age of all infants under two years of age.
- Baggage Restrictions - Due to limited space, purses, backpacks, and other baggage are not permitted on the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the location you are visiting is rough, rocky, and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
- All aeroplane passengers will be weighed at the time of check-in. Passengers exceeding 299lbs (135.91kg / 21.36 stone) will be charged a fee for an additional comfort seat. This fee is based on the product and ranges from $50 to $300.
- Should your chosen flight not be available, we’ll do our best to place you and your party on the nearest possible flight. If the amended time and date not be suitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Fuel Surcharge - All tours before and up to 31 March 2024 are subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Discovery Air Tour
What is the Grand Discovery Air Tour?
The Grand Discovery Air Tour is a breath-taking scenic flight that takes you over some of the most iconic landmarks in the United States, including the Grand Canyon’s Zuni Corridor, Imperial Point, Confluence of the Colorado Rivers, and the Kaibab National Forest.
What is the best time of year to take this tour?
The Grand Discovery Air Tour can be enjoyed year-round, but it's important to consider the weather and how it may affect visibility and comfort.
Is there a maximum weight limit for a passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs will be required to purchase a comfort seat, the equivalent price of another seat, payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in.
Clothing & Accessories
What should I wear and bring for the tour?
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes. Don't forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a valid photo ID for check-in.