Kawarau Bridge Bungy Jump
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The world's first commercial Bungy Jump, and most infamous of leaps, is still going strong.
Our guide to Kawarau Bridge Bungy Jump
The AJ Hackett Bungy jump from the Kawarau Bridge is the worlds first commercial Bungy jump and perhaps the most notorious. This display of Kiwi ingenuity has given New Zealand the reputation of being a centre for adventure seekers and adrenaline junkies from all over the globe.
Safety is paramount on your 43-meter jump from the Kawarau Bungy Centre and there are many ways that you can choose to jump as well as have the choice of bobbing just above the water, to actually touch it or be fully immersed. Visitors may be inspired to take the plunge after learning more about the bungy experience during a behind the scenes Bungy Tour or after watching as others leap off the bridge into the deep canyon below.
The less adventurous can simply relax at the onsite wine bar.
You must check in at least 30 minutes before your start time.
10 seconds! But allow 2 hours in total
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Kawarau Bridge Bungy Jump
- Children must be 10 years and over.
- Jumpers must weigh a minimum of 35kg and a maximum of 235kg.
- All jumpers must be well rested, hydrated and have recently eaten before commencing their activity.
- Medical Restrictions: We recommend that you consult us if you have the following conditions**: High or low blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy (excluding photosensitive epilepsy), broken or fractured bones/dislocations, fragile skin, neurological disorders, diabetes, asthma, prosthetics, panic/anxiety attacks or recent sprains/muscular injuries.
- **This does not exclude a person from Bungy Jumping. It is important for all customers to declare any of the above medical conditions when they check in.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.