Body Worlds Amsterdam
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover the secrets of the human body and how your choices impact your health and happiness, in the heart of Amsterdam.
Our guide to Body Worlds Amsterdam
At BODY WORLDS Amsterdam you will go on a fascinating journey through the human body. There are real human bodies which have been plastinated on displays at the exhibition, which gives you a unique look at our anatomy and how our bodies work.
After enjoying international success all over the world, with tours in more than 100 cities in Europe, America, Africa, and Asia, and more than 47 million visitors since 1995, this unique attraction has settle down into several permanent exhibitions.
The BODY WORLDS Amsterdam museum has different exhibitions across its seven floors, which have undergone significant changes and taken on different incarnations throughout the years. The exhibitions have through the years have looked at the effects of health, sports, and diet to the anatomy of animals. BODY WORLDS Amsterdam has been reinventing itself over and over again and educating people by taking a look beneath the skin.
Dr. Gunther von Hagens is the creator of the BODY WORLDS exhibitions. He invented the process of plastination at the University of Heidelberg in 1977. The original exhibitions have been the subject of imitation by countless copycats, but they remain unmatched in terms of quality and innovation.
The current theme in Amsterdam is The Happiness Project and focuses on the effects of happiness on our well-being. Perhaps you are wondering 'are the bodies at BODY WORLDS are real?', the answer is yes. This exhibit has more than 200 real human bodies on display, which will show you how our mood can affect our health and vice versa.
An Amsterdam canal cruise is the perfect addition to a trip to BODY WORLDS. During the hour-long cruise, you’ll discover the beautiful canal belt of the ‘Venice of the North.' The Amsterdam canal cruise is truly one of Amsterdam’s highlights, it’s no wonder that the 100km-long canal belt is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Marvel at the three most famous canals of the city, the Keizersgracht, Prinsengracht, and Herengracht, alongside which wealthy spice merchants constructed grand houses during the Dutch Golden Age. The Amsterdam canal cruise is significantly enriched by an audio guide, in 19 languages, packed with fascinating information about the city's history.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Body Worlds Amsterdam
- You will receive a voucher in your account to download. Please read through the details fully.
- The Body Worlds is open Monday - Sunday 10.00 - 22.00.
- Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to allocated time.
- The Canal Cruise runs every 15-20 minutes
- Time is requested but not guaranteed for each attraction. This is confirmed when voucher is exchanged.
- This is not suitable for persons in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. There are steps to access the boat and a wheelchair or strollers cannot be taken on board.
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 72 hours of the scheduled departure, there is a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations will need to be confirmed from the suppliers before a refund is issued.