Florence Medici's Mile - Walking along the Path of Medici Residence and Vasari Corridor
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A great insight into the history of the powerful Medici family.
Led by an expert local guide, discover the most important sights of Florence on this 2-hour guided tour and learn all the secrets of the incredible Vasari Corridor and the Medici family.
Our guide to Florence Medici's Mile - Walking along the Path of Medici Residence and Vasari Corridor
This fascinating 1-mile walk crosses a UNESCO World Heritage area with the highest concentration of monuments and open-air works of art in the world.
Meet your local guide and set off to explore the most important sights of Florence and retrace the incredible history of the Medici dynasty, the family which put its power and wealth at the service of the patronage and art, laying the foundations of Renaissance.
You will learn stories and anecdotes of intrigue, power struggles, secrets and betrayals, but also tales of incredible foresight, which resulted in a priceless artistic and cultural heritage.
Stroll along the same narrow streets where the Mercici family walked, touch the stones used to build their residences and see the same monuments they saw every day including the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, their first residence in San Lorenzo district - here, you will also find the family’s Church and mausoleum: Medici Chapels.
Next, it’s time to admire the magnificent Cathedral, with its imposing Brunelleschi’s Dome and the stunning Palazzo Vecchio, their second residence, which dominates the wonderful Piazza della Signoria.
Further on you will follow from the outside the whole path of the Vasari Corridor - a secret and comfortable corridor used by the Medici Grand Dukes of Tuscany, to move between the Palazzo Pitti, their third residence, and their offices located inside the Palazzo Vecchio, without being seen by the citizens.
The tour ends at the exterior of the majestic Pitti Palace which is also home to the marvelous Boboli Gardens. Entrance is not included to either of these Florence favourites on the standard ticket but can be added on if you wish. Read on for more details.
Varies, please see calendar.
Around 2 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Florence Medici's Mile - Walking along the Path of Medici Residence and Vasari Corridor
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered.
- Children aged 0 to 6 years old are free of charge. Proof of age may be requested.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Itinerary subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation Policy: Tickets can be cancelled for free up to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given after this time. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the tour.