WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind and features over 100 interactive exhibits for visitors of all ages to experience. At WonderWorks you can participate in some of the most imaginative displays and exhibits found in any facility in the United States starting with the inversion tunnel where you will be turned upside-down!
Our guide to WonderWorks
Removed from the glare of the media and the encumbrances of governmental restrictions; a group of scientists from around the world collaborated to find answers to the unexplainable. Their mission: to understand, predict and control these phenomena.
In early 1998, during a top-secret experiment, something went awry. When the scientists attempted to harness the power of a man-made tornado, the giant, swirling vortex unleashed its power throughout the laboratories!
The energy vortex lifted the research facility from its foundation and transported the laboratory hundreds of miles away to WonderWorks Orlando, Florida, where it landed upside-down, but otherwise functionally intact......
Among the other highlights with our WonderWorks tickets, you will discover:
- Glow-In-The-Dark Ropes Course: This 3 story, glow-in-the-dark adventure is the first of its kind in Orlando, designed with the experience of each participant in mind.Conquer 20 different obstacles and cross suspension bridges, swinging beams, lily pads and more!
- 4-D XD Motion Theatre: This one-of-a-kind experience combines 3D film with special effects and full motion seating, ranging from subtle sensations to intense vibrations and transports you from your seat into the big-screen action and adventure!
- Laser Tag: Venture off into the blacklit maze as you compete against opponents in a fast-paced and action-packed battle of Laser-Tag!
- Hurricane Hole: Feel the effects of winds reaching 65 miles per hour. According to the Saffar-Simpson Scale, the hurricane in this simulation is merely a mild one!
- Anti-Gravity Chamber: Water is travelling from the floor to the ceiling, or is it? At the touch of a special button that you control, water will appear to change direction! Look up! The change in frequency of the strobe lights is what causes the water to appear as if its directional flow has changed.
- Earthquake Simulators: One of history's most renowned earthquakes, the 1989 San Francisco earthquake that stopped baseball's World Series and collapsed a freeway is recreated in the laboratory here at WonderWorks. Guests will feel for themselves what an earthquake that measures 5.3 on the Richter Scale actually feels like.
- Bed of Nails: Visitors will feel the sensation of 3,500 sharp nails while they are elevated on this bed. In order for your skin to be punctured by a nail, 2 kilograms of pressure is necessary. A person weighing 70kg (154lbs) will be supported by approximately 1500 nails. This will result in an average pressure of 0.04kg per nail, which is less than the pressure required to do damage to the skin.
- Bubble Lab: Kids of all ages love bubbles. This gallery is JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT! Visitors at WonderWorks Orlando will be able to make giant bubbles, large enough to encapsulate a person.
- Velocity Ball: With WonderWorks tickets to hand, see how fast you can pitch a baseball. The best part is you choose a major league baseball player to pitch to. How fast was the speed of the ball? This exhibit introduces the relationships among gravity, speed, and distance.
- Mind Ball: A challenging bio feedback game for two based on EEG technology. Players will wear a headband with electrodes and relax their minds in order to use their brain waves and move the ball across the table to the opposing side. The most relaxed player wins!
Wonderworks Orlando is located at the heart of International Drive and is open daily from 9.00am through to Midnight. We recommend allowing at least 2-3 hours for your visit. You will be issued with an open-dated WonderWorks tickets voucher that can be redeemed at any time during your holiday.
Why not combine your WonderWorks ticket with The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show?
The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show is located inside WonderWorks Orlando. Why not upgrade your Wonderworks Tickets to include dinner at the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show as well? If you purchase the WonderWorks/Outta Control Dinner Combo Ticket, you must visit WonderWorks on the same day you go to the Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner show.
Allow 3-4 hours for a full experience. Open until midnight every day, so there’s plenty of time to include WonderWorks in your itinerary after the theme parks close for the evening.
Average 4.8 out of 5 (4 customer reviews)