The Q Train -Sail, Rail & Dine from Melbourne
- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Welcome on board The Q Train!
This return day trip from Melbourne is a great way to experience the best The Bellarine has to offer. Sail to The Q Train from Docklands and board for an award-winning lunch as you travel along the historic Bellarine Railway between Drysdale and Queenscliff.
Our guide to The Q Train -Sail, Rail & Dine from Melbourne
Sail away from Melbourne to experience a unique degustation dining experience on board The Q Train.
At Docklands, board one of Port Phillip Ferries vessels and get ready to cruise to the beautiful Bellarine. You'll travel in comfort and enjoy the beautiful coastal scenery - watch out for dolphins. The journey to Portarlington takes about 75 minutes.
Once you've arrived, a representative from Fergos Bongo Tours will meet you for a transfer to Drysdale Station where The Q Train departs. Enjoy a glass of wine at the Platform Bar (own expense), before the maitred' asks you to board one of The Q Train's restored dining carriages.
Travel in style on The Q Train along heritage railway line to the picturesque seaside town of Queenscliff. A delicious seasonal degustation menu, featuring the finest local Bellarine produce and wine, beer and cider from the region, will be served. A vegetarian menu is also available.
Peer out of the window between courses to see views of Swan Bay and the surrounding landscape or wander up to the Club Loco Bar Car to chat to other travellers and soak up the train's rich history.
During the service, the Q Train will pause at Queenscliff and/or Suma Park station. This gives you a chance to stretch your legs, and chat to the train drivers if you like.
You'll return to Drysdale for transfers back to the ferry to Docklands.
Sample Itinerary (subject to change without notice. All times are approximate):
- Docklands Ferry to Portarlington – 70 minutes
- Explore Australia – 20 minutes to Drysdale Station
- The Q Train – 3 hours
- Explore Australia – 20 minutes from Drysdale Station to Portarlington Ferry Terminal
- Portarlington Ferry to Docklands – 70 minutes
Friday at 9.30am and 10.40am on Saturday and Sundays.
Around 7.5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for The Q Train -Sail, Rail & Dine from Melbourne
- This is an adult only tour. Children aged 0-17 are not catered for.
- Departure point - at 131 Harbour Esplanade, Victoria Harbour, Docklands, Melbourne CBD.
- Alcohol and Drinks are NOT included on both the ferry or train. They can be purchased on board.
- In the unlikely event that The Q Train is late to return and we miss the return ferry, Explore Australia will return you to Docklands via bus.
- Please arrive to the ferry terminal 30 minutes prior to your departure time – they board early and do not wait.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 24 hours of your chosen activity date. No refund if bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.