Windsor Castle Tickets
- 947 booked
- 8 reviews rated 5 stars
- Instant confirmation
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world. It has been the family home of British kings and queens for almost 1,000 years and is today one of the official residences of His Majesty The King.
Our guide to Windsor Castle Tickets
Occupying over 10.5 hectares, the Castle offers a varied day out for visitors, including a visit to the magnificent State Apartments and St George's Chapel. The Castle's State Apartments are furnished with some of the finest works from the Royal Collection, reflecting the changing tastes of the Castle's royal occupants, particularly those of Charles II and George IV. Among the masterpieces on display are paintings by Holbein, Rubens and Van Dyck, Sèvres porcelain and exquisite English and French furniture. Many of the works of art are still in the historic settings for which they were first collected or commissioned by the kings and queens who have lived at Windsor.
Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the Castle with a free multimedia tour. From October to March, visitors can also walk through the sumptuous Semi-State Apartments, which served as the private rooms of George IV in the 19th century.
Refreshments can be enjoyed in the Undercroft Café, situated in one of the oldest medieval parts of the Castle.
- The State Apartments,Take a look inside the heart of the working palace – the State Apartments. Regularly used for ceremonial and official occasions, the Apartments are furnished with some of the finest works of art from the Royal Collection. Try and spot the paintings by Rembrandt, Rubens and Leonardo da Vinci that hang from the walls! During the winter months the richly decorated Semi-State Rooms are added to the visitor route.
- St. George's Chapel, St George’s Chapel is an imposing Gothic building and the resting place for a number of British monarchs. These include Edward IV, who built the Chapel, Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. Services are held regularly and this quiet church is a peaceful addition to a Windsor Castle visit.
- The Changing of the Guard This rousing, truly British ceremony takes place at 11.00am on Thrusdays and Saturdays, weather permitting. Between April and June, its everyday from Monday to Saturday. The ceremony allows the handover of duties between two different sets of guards.
Please note: St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day.
From 1st November to 31 March, Thursday to Monday, 10:00am – 4:15pm (last admission 3:00pm) 1 April to 31st October Thursday to Monday, 10:00am with last admission at 3:00pm. As the Castle is a working royal palace opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1NJ.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Windsor Castle Tickets
- You will receive an official Golden Tours voucher for your Windsor Castle visit. You must have a printed copy of this voucher to enter Windsor Castle on the day of your visit.
- As a working royal palace, the Castle is used frequently for State ceremonies and official entertaining, and closures can occasionally occur at short notice.
- Semi-State Rooms closed During the winter months an additional five rooms, known collectively as the Semi-State Rooms, are included in the visitor route. These rooms will be open to the public from September to March. Entry is included in the cost of your ticket. Please note that when the State Apartments are closed, the Semi-State Rooms will not be open.
- Under 5's go free
- The Castle is open to visitors every day, except for 25 and 26 December. St. George’s Chapel 23 and 24 December – closes at 1:00pm
- As the Castle is a working royal palace opening arrangements may be subject to change at short notice.
- Please note: St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day.
- Please note that our tickets cannot be used to upgrade to the annual pass.
- Cancellation Policy: Your tickets can be cancelled free of charge up to 72 hours before the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Windsor Castle Tickets
What is included in my Windsor Castle ticket?
The ticket will allow you access to The State Apartments, Queen Mary's Dolls' House, St. George's Chapel and to see The Changing of the Guard.
Do I need to print my Windsor Castle ticket?
Yes you will need to print your voucher to take with you to exchange.
How can I get to Windsor Castle?
Windsor Castle is based in Windsor, Berkshire (SL4 1NJ). The nearest stations are 'Windsor & Eton Central' or 'Windsor & Eton Riverside'. There is no on-site parking but there is public parking near by.
What are Windsor Castle opening times?
Windsor Castle is usually closed on Tuedays and Wednesdays throughout the year except for a few dates in December. Times for the castle and other attractions included vary throughout the year.
How long do you recommend at Windsor Castle?
It is suggested you allow 1½-2 hours for your visit. The Castle is at the top of a steep hill, and the visitor route covers long distances. It is best to wear comfortable shoes.
Can I take photographs?
You can take photographs outside the Castle buildings, but not inside the Castle or within St George's Chapel.
What time does St. George's Chapel close?
St George’s Chapel closes at 16:00, although visitors are welcome to attend evensong at 17:15. The Chapel is also closed to visitors on Sundays but worshippers are welcome to attend services.
Can I amend or cancel once booked?
Unfortunately Windsor Castle tickets are non-refundable/non-changeable once booked.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are not allowed within the Castle grounds, with the exception of assistance dogs.
Can I take a pushchair to Windsor Castle?
Pushchairs can be used around the Castle grounds, but will need to be checked in at the cloakroom in the Inner Hall before entering the rooms. They can be collected once you have finished touring the State Apartments. Baby hip seats are available to borrow on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be sanitised between uses.
Is Windsor Castle accessible to all guests?
Windsor Castle is fully accessible. It is situated at the top of a steep hill, and long distances have to be covered on site.
What languages are the multimedia guides in?
These are provided in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and BSL (British Sign Language)
Is smoking allowed at Windsor Castle?
Smoking, including e-cigarettes is not permitted anywhere inside the Castle grounds.
Windsor Castle Tickets Reviews
Enjoyable day trip. Lots of things to see.
David Coghlan reviewed Windsor Castle Tickets 26 Nov, 2023
Great tour....2 queues one in the rain for 20 minutes put a damper on it...one for tickets then one for earphones in rain
Geraldine Mullen reviewed Windsor Castle Tickets 12 Aug, 2023
We had the tickets for Windsor Castle straight away. There were no issues with this company and completing the purchase online was easy to do
Eileen Mcmahon reviewed Windsor Castle Tickets 28 Nov, 2022
Very good tour of the castle.
Jason Kramer reviewed Windsor Castle Tickets 24 Jul, 2022
Nice day trip to Windsor Castle
Trusted Customer reviewed Windsor Castle Tickets 27 Jun, 2022