New Orleans City & Cemetery Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Discover some of the secrets behind New Orleans’ mysterious past...
Discover some of the secrets behind New Orleans’ mysterious past as you take a tour through the beautiful Crescent City and explore a historic above-ground cemetery.
Our guide to New Orleans City & Cemetery Tour
New Orleans has a mysterious and haunted past that includes Voodoo magic and bizarre above-ground burial customs as you'll discover on this tour.
Absorb the sights & sounds of the world-famous French Quarter and historic Jackson Square (Place d’ Armes), home of the Cabildo and Presbytere Museums. You will travel through 15 historic neighborhoods, such as Treme & Faubourg Marigny, and learn about their cultures and people – both past and present.
Marvel at stories of voodoo and piracy on Bayou St. John, a waterway used by Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates. Stop at one of the tenth largest urban parks in America, City Park and take in your beautiful surrounding filled with stunning oak trees hundreds of years old.
Stop for delicious beignets (French doughnuts) at Café du Monde (own expense) or just relax for a few minutes until your tour continues across the city.
Next, you will make your way to the shores of Lake Pontchartrain, where you can view the longest bridge over water in the world – the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway! You’ll also see the New Basin Canal Lighthouse which was damaged during Hurricane Katrina and then rebuilt.
Visit a historic cemetery with row after row of above-ground tombs, New Orleans cemeteries are often referred to as referred to as “Cities of the Dead,”. Here you will learn about this unique above-ground burial system from your licensed tour guide.
Follow the path of the St. Charles Avenue streetcar, the longest in the city and the oldest continuously operating street railway system in the world (until service was disrupted by Hurricane Katrina).
This fascinating city tour would not be complete without viewing the homes of former Kings & Queens of Mardi Gras. See the grand stately mansions and the world-famous, exclusive Garden District.
Daily at 10.00am & 2.00pm.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for New Orleans City & Cemetery Tour
- Infants aged 0-5 years and sitting on parents lap are free of charge.
- This is a walking tour on uneven sidewalks and streets, so please wear comfortable shoes. Your air-conditioned coach will take you between stops.
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing; caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested.
- Cemetery is closed on some holidays.
- Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- This tour begins at the Gray Line "Lighthouse" Ticket Office in the French Quarter at Toulouse Street & the Mississippi River - at the Steamboat Natchez Dock.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Gratuities are not included and are appreciated by the guides when they meet or exceed your expectations.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.