Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
First class experience!
Board your luxury 5 star sailing catamaran for an exhilarating journey across the Great Barrier Reef to stunning Michealmas Cay, a tropical sand island surrounded by magical coral gardens and teeming with an abundance of marine life.
Our guide to Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
Relax and enjoy the friendly service aboard your luxury catamaran as you sail in style to Michaelmas Cay located in the heart of the magnificent Great Barrier Reef.
A protected sanctuary for a multitude of migrating seabirds, this picturesque vegetated sand cay is surrounded by breathtaking gardens of vibrant corals, and home to giant clams and exotic marine life.
Here, you can snorkel in crystal clear waters and view the Great Barrier Reef in all its glory. Other activities available include diving and guided snorkel tours (additional charges payable locally) while those who wish to stay dry can observe the wonders of the Barrier Reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible.
Ecological presentations by the onboard biologists are included and a buffet lunch is provided on board your catamaran. A glass of chilled champagne on your return journey provides a fitting end to an awe-inspiring day.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
- If you did not select hotel transfer, please make sure to check-in at the Ocean Spirit counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.
- On very rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should a cruise not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
- Those wishing to dive will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire on board prior to diving. Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from diving. It is recommended a wait of 12 hours but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity. Please use caution and inform the crew of any medical conditions. The minimum age for diving is 12 years.
- Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera to capture your memories. Limited underwater digital cameras are available to hire onboard.
- An Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 is levied on all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area. This charge is included in the above prices.
- With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Luxury Ocean Spirit Cruise to Michaelmas Cay
- How do I check-in before departure?
Please check-in at the Great Adventures counters inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.
- Will I get seasick?
Hopefully not. The large, stable fast catamarans provide very good sea keeping even in rougher ocean conditions. Where there is motion, whether a car, bus, plane or boat, some people will suffer from motion sickness. Motion sickness tablets are available onboard for purchase. There are also ginger tablets as a natural alternative motion sickness medication on a complimentary basis. To be effective, motion sickness medications should be taken immediately on boarding.
- Do you supply life jackets?
Life jackets are onboard for emergency use only. However, flotation/buoyancy vests are available for use whilst swimming or snorkelling.
- What is the temperature of the water?
The warm waters of Tropical North Queensland range in temperature from 22-29 Celsius (75-85 Fahrenheit) and make for year round comfort for water activities.
- Is Michaelmas Cay suitable for young children?
Yes! As Michaelmas Cay is a shallow sandy cay area, it is perfect for children and families. Guests are only allowed in the allocated area on the island which makes it easy to keep an eye on children whilst they are playing on the island. The water is quite shallow so it is also suitable for children swimming off the cay