Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Come on in, you're invited to a backstage tour of the Sydney Opera House!
Sweep back the curtains and explore behind the scenes with your personal guide and find out what really goes on beyond the spotlight. Revealing industry secrets that you will not hear anywhere else, this is a tour not to be missed!
Our guide to Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
Have you ever dreamed of taking centre stage in an iconic performance venue that’s famous throughout the world? Treading the very same boards as the likes of Cate Blanchett, Luciano Pavarotti, Ella Fitzgerald and Dame Joan Sutherland? On a Sydney Opera House Backstage Tour, you’ll do all that and more.
This show-stopping two-hour journey beneath those celebrated sails is your VIP invitation to unparalleled behind-the-scenes access. Led by a knowledgeable tour guide who is ready to answer all your questions about the history of this UNESCO World Heritage-listed building, you’ll see exactly what the stars of yesterday and today see as they prepare for their big moment on one of the world’s most significant stages.
If you’re lucky, catch a glimpse of the actors, dancers and musicians going through their rehearsals and warm-up routines.
Then, once you’ve uncovered just a few of the mysteries of the backstage world and had your fill of insider secrets, you’ll enjoy breakfast at House Canteen. Brought to you by Matt Moran, take a seat in the shadow of the sails as you enjoy your breakfast with a view.
For lovers of dance, opera, theatre and performing arts of all kinds, a Backstage Tour at the Sydney Opera House is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you won’t soon forget.
Sundays and Mondays.
7.00am sharp (meet at 6.45am at Stage Door).
Around 2 hours.
Stage Door located on Vehicle Concourse, Sydney Opera House.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Opera House Guided Backstage Tour
- Tour departs at 7.00am sharp, you must be at 6.45am at Stage Door. Latecomers will not be permitted on the tour.
- If you bring any large items, i.e luggage or backpacks – please be aware that it is compulsory for you to put these items in the cloakroom.
- There are approximately 300 steps in this tour and participants are required to wear flat, enclosed rubber-soled shoes.
- Unfortunately, disabled access is not available on the Backstage Tour.
- Children of 10 years and over are welcome at the same price as adults.
- Patrons must be fully vaccinated. Covid vaccination certificate must be presented to tour guide on arrival.
- A mask must be worn at all times in back-of-house areas.
- Hotel transfers are NOT included. Please meet at the Stage Door located on Vehicle Concourse, Sydney Opera House.
- Cancellation Policy: No refund if the booking is cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no show.