THE RIDE New York City
4.4 stars: Based on 14 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A front row seat on the world's only moving theatre in custom built, multi-million- dollar vehicles
Part tour. Part show. THE RIDE is New York City’s newest ground-breaking theatrical experience that turns the streets of New York into a stage.
Our guide to THE RIDE New York City
Get on THE RIDE a visitor, get off a New Yorker! THE RIDE is the critically and virally acclaimed attraction that uses New York City and its iconic landmarks as the backdrop for a theatrical event that blurs the boundary between sightseeing tour and performance and where the streets of NYC become a stage with a live show featuring fun facts, unparalleled technology and street performances.
Described by the Today Show as "the hottest way to see New York," THE RIDE combines sightseeing, entertainment and hilarious people-watching in one fun, party-style ride
A one-of-a-kind interactive show where the streets of New York City are the stage, and you’ve got the best seats! See this groundbreaking theatrical experience come to life from the heart of Times Square to the grandeur of the famed Central Park, all inside our custom-designed, multi-million-dollar vehicle. THE RIDE features 2 comedic hosts and 5-7 live street performances. THE RIDE is not a NYC bus tour – it’s an entertainment experience you’ll never forget.
As you face sideways out of floor-to-ceiling glass windows, this one-of-a-kind interactive entertainment experience unfolds the city’s iconic landmarks before your eye, delivering unparalleled panoramic and vertical views of Midtown Manhattan. With surprises around every corner, you will be left guessing who is a part of the show and who is just along for THE RIDE.
THE RIDE departs at 1.00pm, 4.00pm, 7.00pm and 8.30pm with seasonal variations.
Average 4.4 out of 5 (14 customer reviews)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for THE RIDE New York City
- CHILD POLICY: THE RIDE is suitable for kids ages 6 and up. However, please be advised that certain content may not be appropriate for children. You never know what might happen on the streets of New York! Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on the bus.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on THE RIDE
- THE RIDE is not wheelchair accessible and you will need to climb stairs to enter.
- Exchange your voucher for a ticket at THE RIDE in the queue at 42nd Street and 8th Avenue.
- Pick up and drop off on 42nd Street in the heart of Times Squ are (259 W. 42nd St off 8th Ave.)
- All RIDE employees are vaccinated against Covid - 19 and current NYC guidelines require that guests wear masks
Frequently Asked Questions for THE RIDE New York City
- Does THE RIDE happen in bad weather?
Yes, THE RIDE takes place in all kinds of weather except for the occasional blizzard or hurricane. If either of those weather occurrences do happen, THE RIDE will be in touch by phone or email.
- I know New York City traffic is bad. What happens if the bus gets struck in traffic?
If you get stuck in traffic consider it free entertainment. The street performers are handpicked from the worlds of stand-up and improv comedy and can turn even the most unexpected situations — traffic, weather, police motorcades — into hilarious moments.
- Is THE RIDE kid-friendly? What ages are appropriate?
THE RIDE is a family-friendly entertainment experience. However, it is not recommended for children under the age of 6 as they may cause a distraction to other patrons on board. If a disruption occurs, you may be asked to exit the vehicle. Please be advised that certain content may not be appropriate for children. You never know what might happen on the streets of New York! All tickets are the same price. Please note that there are no seatbelts on THE RIDE and the vehicle features side-facing seating for 75-minutes.
- Can I hop on and off like other bus tours?
THE RIDE is not a bus tour through New York, it’s an entertainment experience that highlights Midtown Manhattan. So, hopping on or off THE RIDE would mean you’d miss a huge part of the experience. Not to mention you’d probably really hurt yourself hopping on or off the tallest vehicle allowed on the streets of New York by federal law!
- Are there seatbelts on the bus?
Just like a regular tour, city or private charter bus, there are no seatbelts on THE RIDE. And you’ve heard about NYC traffic, right? We don’t go fast enough to warrant seat belts.
- Is there a bathroom on the bus?
Sorry, there are no bathrooms on the bus.
- How do I collect my ticket?
Simply exchange your Attraction Tickets Direct voucher for a ticket at THE RIDE box office (584 8th Avenue) before your experience.