Chicago on Broadway
4.8 stars: Based on 83 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Treat a special someone to the joy our new digital gift cards:Buy a gift card
Razzle-dazzle hit musical.
Chicago is all about making the headlines in the worst possible way. An exciting Broadway show filled with iconic hits and dynamic dance routines that will take you back in time to 1920'S Chicago. Get swept up in a sinister world where murder, violence and adultery are a small price to pay for fame, fortune and all that jazz.
Our guide to Chicago on Broadway
This September, get ready for all that jazz as a sassy group of cunning criminals sashay across the Broadway stage. Go back in time to 1920’s Chicago where a streak of homicides catapulted fame hungry starlets Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart into the spotlight for all of the wrong reasons. As the theatre transforms into Cook County Jail, expect a riveting tale of greed, cold-blooded murder, corruption and adultery, packed with plenty of razzle dazzle. A flamboyant Broadway show with spectacular dance numbers, a smash hit score and a huge dose of jazz that has been enjoyed by over 20 million people worldwide.
Sample some of the best dancing on Broadway, with fancy footwork and stunning routines set to upbeat hits like the iconic ‘All that Jazz’ and ‘Cell Block Tango’, created by talented duo John Kander and Fred Ebb. Bold, striking and seductive, Chicago offers the perfect combination of deception and dance, with captivating routines enhanced by a dazzling light show. Boasting an impressive collection of honours including 6 Tony Awards and a Grammy, this multi award-winning Broadway show has been hailed by The New York Times as “the best musical in town”, and now proudly holds the record for the longest running American musical in Broadway history. After celebrating its 20th year on the New York theatre stage it would be a crime to miss out on the fun.
It’s a fight for the spotlight in this electrifying Broadway show where calculating murderesses will do whatever it takes to get to the top. Get ready for a series of shocking shenanigans where anything goes and homicide, bribery and adultery are all on the agenda. Set in the 1920’s in Chicago, crime is rife amongst a group of manipulative women who believe they can literally get away with murder. When Roxie Hart kills her partner as nothing less than a ruthless career move, she’s suddenly thrust into the limelight. While she revels in her new-found fame, fellow convict Velma Kelly doesn’t take well to being overshadowed. Both fixated with becoming stars, who will come out on top?
Theatre: Ambassador Theatre (219 West, 49th Street, New York)
Audience: Suitable for ages 4+ but this is more for the adults
Opened on Broadway: November 14th 1996
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Seats are guaranteed in the section of the theatre that you have booked from the calendar opposite. Seats are allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis. Book early for the best seats!
Approximately 2.5 hours with one interval.
Average 4.8 out of 5 (83 customer reviews)
very easy to deal with and very helpful.
Anna Dunphy reviewed 28 May,2018
Great show lovely theatre very enjoyable night easy to get to
Trusted Customer reviewed 31 Oct,2017
Very good price & not a whole lot more than the Q price in Duffys Square NY. Great service .
Anne Keane reviewed 14 Apr,2017
Made our visit!! Seats were fantastic, 5 row from stage 😀
Trusted Customer reviewed 29 Dec,2016
The show was FANTASTIC, I'm sure we wouldn't have been disappointed with any show but we have been told by a lot of locals that this was the best show on Broadway.
Trusted Customer reviewed 14 Apr,2016
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Chicago on Broadway
- All ticket holders are required to comply with specific COVID-19 related terms and conditions. Guests aged 12 and over must be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the Theatre. Other requirements include wearing masks whilst on-premises. Full details of current policies can be found at https://bdway.nyc/
- All Broadway tickets are guaranteed in the section of the theatre selected when booking with seats allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis.
- All New York Broadway Theatre bookings will be seated together.
- You will receive an instant information voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your New York theatre tickets.
- Digital tickets will be emailed directly closer to the performance date. Simply present your digital Broadway ticket(s) on your smartphone for admission to the show (or print a copy of your tickets if not in possession of a smartphone).
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled more than 8 days prior to the show date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 8 days of the show date.
Frequently Asked Questions for Chicago on Broadway
How will I receive my tickets?
Digital tickets will be emailed directly prior to the show date. Simply present your Broadway digital ticket(s) on your smartphone on arrival at the theatre for admission to the show (or print a copy of your tickets if not in possession of a smartphone).
Can I cancel or amend my reservation?
Yes. Our Broadway Tickets can be cancelled or amended up to 8 days before the booked show date. Unfortunately, amendments or cancellations are not possible within 8 days of the performance.
What is the difference between the Orchestra, Mezzanine and Balcony?
Orchestra seats are located directly in front of the stage on ground level. Mezzanine seats are located on the next level, above the Orchestra section. The Balcony section is the highest level and furthest from the stage. on ground level. Mezzanine seats are located on the next level, above the Orchestra section.