Chicago on Broadway
4.8 stars: Based on 83 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Razzle-dazzle hit musical.
Chicago is all about making the headlines in the worst possible way. An exciting Broadway show filled with iconic hits and dynamic dance routines that will take you back in time to 1920'S Chicago. Get swept up in a sinister world where murder, violence and adultery are a small price to pay for fame, fortune and all that jazz.
Our guide to Chicago on Broadway
This September, get ready for all that jazz as a sassy group of cunning criminals sashay across the Broadway stage. Go back in time to 1920’s Chicago where a streak of homicides catapulted fame hungry starlets Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart into the spotlight for all of the wrong reasons. As the theatre transforms into Cook County Jail, expect a riveting tale of greed, cold-blooded murder, corruption and adultery, packed with plenty of razzle dazzle. A flamboyant Broadway show with spectacular dance numbers, a smash hit score and a huge dose of jazz that has been enjoyed by over 20 million people worldwide.
Sample some of the best dancing on Broadway, with fancy footwork and stunning routines set to upbeat hits like the iconic ‘All that Jazz’ and ‘Cell Block Tango’, created by talented duo John Kander and Fred Ebb. Bold, striking and seductive, Chicago offers the perfect combination of deception and dance, with captivating routines enhanced by a dazzling light show. Boasting an impressive collection of honours including 6 Tony Awards and a Grammy, this multi award-winning Broadway show has been hailed by The New York Times as “the best musical in town”, and now proudly holds the record for the longest running American musical in Broadway history. After celebrating its 20th year on the New York theatre stage it would be a crime to miss out on the fun.
It’s a fight for the spotlight in this electrifying Broadway show where calculating murderesses will do whatever it takes to get to the top. Get ready for a series of shocking shenanigans where anything goes and homicide, bribery and adultery are all on the agenda. Set in the 1920’s in Chicago, crime is rife amongst a group of manipulative women who believe they can literally get away with murder. When Roxie Hart kills her partner as nothing less than a ruthless career move, she’s suddenly thrust into the limelight. While she revels in her new-found fame, fellow convict Velma Kelly doesn’t take well to being overshadowed. Both fixated with becoming stars, who will come out on top?
Theatre: Ambassador Theatre (219 West, 49th Street, New York)
Audience: Suitable for ages 4+ but this is more for the adults
Opened on Broadway: November 14th 1996
Seats are guaranteed in the Orchestra AA-O,Front Mezzanine Center Rows A-E section of the theatre. Seats are allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis. Book early for the best seats!
Approximately 2.5 hours with one interval.
Average 4.8 out of 5 (83 customer reviews)
very easy to deal with and very helpful.
Anna Dunphy reviewed 28 May,2018
Great show lovely theatre very enjoyable night easy to get to
Trusted Customer reviewed 31 Oct,2017
Very good price & not a whole lot more than the Q price in Duffys Square NY. Great service .
Anne Keane reviewed 14 Apr,2017
Made our visit!! Seats were fantastic, 5 row from stage 😀
Trusted Customer reviewed 29 Dec,2016
The show was FANTASTIC, I'm sure we wouldn't have been disappointed with any show but we have been told by a lot of locals that this was the best show on Broadway.
Trusted Customer reviewed 14 Apr,2016
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Chicago on Broadway
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 8 days prior to the show date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 8 days of show date.
- All Chicago Broadway tickets are guaranteed in the Orchestra AA-O,Front Mezzanine Center Rows A-E section of the theatre.
- Seats are allocated by the box office at the time of booking on a best available seat basis.
- All New York Broadway Theatre bookings will be seated together.
- You will receive a ticket voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your New York theatre tickets.
- Your tickets will be available at the theatre box office from one hour prior to the start of the performance.
- Please note seat numbers are not provided at time of booking. All seats will be allocated together and advised upon ticket collection on the day of the production.
- Children under the age of 4 years will not be admitted into the theatre.
Frequently Asked Questions for Chicago on Broadway
- Will my theatre tickets be posted to my home address?
No, your tickets will be confirmed with the box office and you will receive a voucher confirming your reservation, the performance time, the theatre location, plus all other important details relating to your New York theatre tickets. The show tickets will be available at the theatre box office from one hour prior to the start of the performance. This ensures that the tickets do not go missing in the post and you do not have the worry of misplacing the tickets on receipt.
- Can I cancel or amend my reservation?
Tickets cannot be amended or cancelled within 8 days prior to the performance date.
- What is the difference between the Orchestra, Mezzanine and Balcony?
Orchestra seats are located directly in front of the stage on ground level. Mezzanine seats are located on the next level, above the Orchestra section. The Balcony section is the highest level and furthest from the stage.