Over the Edge Helicopter & Boat with Skywalk- From the West Rim
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Float down from the Grand Canyon Rim and ride on the Colorado River
Departing from the Grand Canyon West Rim, see the Canyon from above and below as very few do!
Our guide to Over the Edge Helicopter & Boat with Skywalk- From the West Rim
This exciting helicopter adventure combined with a pontoon boat cruise offers guests to the West Rim an adventure full of sightseeing and photography opportunities.
As your helicopter descends a breathtaking 4,000 feet to the canyon floor you'll witness the changing colors and textures of the canyon walls on either side of you. Your helicopter will land near the bank of the Colorado River rushing nearly a mile below the canyon rim. Board a pontoon boat and enjoy a smooth water cruise along this ancient river, which continues to erode and carve the canyon to this day. After your boat tour, you'll board your helicopter to be returned to the canyon rim.
The adventure continues courtesy of a full-access Legacy ticket which provides a self-guided tour of Grand Canyon West and it's here that you'll enjoy Skywalk before embarking on your tour. The air-conditioned, hop-on/hop-off shuttle makes stops at the Hualapai Ranch where cowboys put on a show reenacting the old west gunfights. The next stop is Eagle Point where you can marvel at the enormous eagle-like rock formation. See Native American dwellings from several tribes and enjoy cultural music and dancing. Guano Point is the final shuttle stop, where you’ll be blown away by the impressive, panoramic views of the canyon. Return to the terminal having explored the Grand Canyon by air and then by ground, making this a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Tour duration is 30 - 40 minutes rim to rim, with a five to seven-minute flight to the bottom, a 10-15-minute pontoon ride, and a further five to seven-minute flight back up. When back at Grand Canyon West you have as long as you want to explore with the self-guided tour on the shuttle bus.
Please Note: This tour departs from Grand Canyon West only. If you are staying in Las Vegas, we recommend either the Golden Eagle or Grand Celebration tours.
40 minutes for the helicopter and pontoon ride. The self-guided portion of the tour can last from three to four hours depending on how many photos you take.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Over the Edge Helicopter & Boat with Skywalk- From the West Rim
- Advanced reservations are required - please select your preferred date at the time of booking
- Tour departs from Grand Canyon Airport only and does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off - you will need to make your own way to Grand Canyon Airport
- Bring your I.D. – Passengers 18 years and older must bring a government-issued form of identification.
- Pilot gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Fuel surcharges may apply. Please see the tour description for details
- Flight time is around 25-30 minutes
- Baggage Restrictions - Due to limited space, purses, backpacks, and other baggage are not permitted on the aircraft.
- PLEASE NOTE: Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 299lbs (135.91kg / 21.36 stone) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $300 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in.
- All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardian's lap.
- Should your chosen flight not be available, we’ll do our best to place you and your party on the nearest possible flight. If the amended time and date are not suitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Over the Edge Helicopter & Boat with Skywalk- From the West Rim
- Is there a weight limit for passengers?
Yes, helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 299lbs (135.91kg / 21.36 stone) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $300 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I wear?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. Comfortable shoes are also advisable.