Phillip Island Penguin Parade
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Get acquainted with the cutest little penguins in Australia!
Experience the wonders of Phillip Island Nature Park with this half day tour to see the seals, koalas, kangaroos and of course the Little Penguins that call this island home. And if you’re a lover of fine food and fabulous fauna, then this is definitely the tour for you!
Our guide to Phillip Island Penguin Parade
Depart Melbourne and journey to the city’s most colourful attraction – the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes – for an opportunity to visit the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks.
Continue through Melbourne’s bayside suburbs on the way to the award-winning Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park for a unique Australian wildlife experience where you'll enjoy a guided wildlife walk and the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals.
At Phillip Island itself, a visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies delivers views over Westernport Bay and the Bass Strait, including Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals.
However, the undoubted highlight of your Phillip Island tour – the main event – will be just after dark when the world’s smallest penguins parade ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes.
After the parade, allow plenty of time to explore the Visitor Centre before beginning your journey back to Melbourne. With a drop-off back at your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
Why not embellish your trip with one of the following add ons?
- Penguin Plus Viewing: For an exclusive viewing experience, upgrade to the more personalised “Penguins Plus” viewing platform. With numbers limited to 300, you’ll enjoy special ranger interpretation in a more natural setting.
- Penguins Underground Viewing: Enjoy up-close viewing of the penguins in their natural habitat through an underground viewing window, with the comfort & convenience of being indoors, undercover and out of the elements.
- Guided Ranger Tour Upgrade: Enjoy front-row viewing on the sand and access to Penguins Plus with a small group and private ranger guide.
Daily, year round
11.00am or 12.00pm - check calendar. Hotel pick-ups commence an hour beforehand.
Around 11 hours in total.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- Nobbies viewing is seasonal and dependant on daylight hours.
- Photography of any kind is not permitted at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Photography is permitted at all other locations.
- The number of birds arriving on the beach varies significantly throughout the year due to seasonal factors.
- Dress according to the weather for that day. A jumper is recommended as it can get chilly in the evening.
- Any infants and children travelling must be advised at the time of booking. Prams and strollers are not permitted on the vehicle as they do not have storage space for these items.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations within 60 days before travel or in the event of a no show will incur cancellation fees. - Cancellations fees to be reconfirmed at time of cancellation.
Frequently Asked Questions for Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
The touring vehicles have minimal storage space, so any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored on board. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let the tour operator know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
- Is much physical activity involved?
A moderate level of physical mobility is required.
- How many penguins will I see?
The number of birds arriving on the beach varies significantly throughout the year due to seasonal factors. The penguin’s year is divided into four different “seasons”: February-April: Moulting; May-July: Nest Building; August-October: Egg Laying; November-January: Chick Feeding.
- Can I hold a koala on this tour?
Koala handling is not included on this tour. You will, however, still see these furry little guys in their habitats at Moonlit Sanctuary. From here, you will also be able to take photos of them munching away on eucalyptus or sleeping throughout the day!