Sydney Harbour Explorer Cruise with Taronga Zoo
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Visit Australia’s most famous zoo!
Enjoy cruising through beautiful Sydney Harbour with stops at Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, Watsons Bay and Circular Quay. Your ticket also includes admission to Taronga Zoo, home to more than 4,000 amazing animals.
Our guide to Sydney Harbour Explorer Cruise with Taronga Zoo
A great way to explore the sights of Sydney Harbour at your own pace. Your Cruise ticket is valid for one or two days and during this time you can hop on and hop off at any of the 6 stops around Sydney Harbour. Alternatively, stay on board the vessel for an enjoyable 90-minute round-trip sightseeing journey.
At every stop, you will find more of Sydney's top attractions and experiences to discover. At Circular Quay, you can explore the famous Sydney Opera House, wander through the historic Rocks precinct and on weekends enjoy the fabulous weekend markets.
- Darling Harbour: Hop off for some of Sydney's best attractions including Aquriaum, Madame Tausauds, Wild Life, Maritime Museum and more.
- Circular Quay: Home to the iconic Sydney Opera House, the Rocks - historical area, Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylon and weekend markets.
- Taronga Zoo: Discover Australia's amazing wildlife. Over 4,000 animals, including Australian native wildlife. Free daily seal and bird shows, there is something for everyone.
- Shark Island: It would be hard to find a more spectacular picnic spot. Stunning, 360-degree views of Sydney Harbour and a delightfully deserted national park for your own private getaway (Park entry fees apply at own expense).
- Watsons Bay: Local must-do `Watto’ is famous for its seafood, waterfront pubs, picnic spots, swimming beaches and spectacular headlands walks overlooking the Harbour and the Pacific Ocean.
- Manly: Hop-off here for Manly Beach. You don’t have to swim at this iconic beach to soak up the atmosphere. Shop at the Corso, dine at waterfront cafés, find your favourite gelato flavour or take a nature walk.
Your ticket also includes entrance into Taronga Zoo. Set against the backdrop of Sydney Harbour, the award-winning Taronga Zoo is home to more than 4,000 animals. Learn about the different animals through one of the many free zoo-keeper talks; be entertained by the playful seals at the Seal Theatre; and watch the famous free-flight bird show, where birds of prey show off their hunting skills.
When you’re done at the zoo, reboard at Circular Quay (The Rocks and Opera House).
1st January - 31st March 2023: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
Circular Quay from 9:30am - departs every 1 hour, 20 minutes or 50 minutes on School Holidays.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sydney Harbour Explorer Cruise with Taronga Zoo
- Your Taronga Zoo entry ticket is valid for one single day (within 7 days of cruise).
- The passenger warrants that they are physically fit and capable of undertaking the cruise.
- A certificate of fitness of travel issued by a doctor is required for passengers over 79 years of age and/or passengers with limited mobility.
- Captain Cook Cruises reserves the right to change the timetable, vessels and increase fares without prior notice.
- Passengers must arrive at least 15-30 minutes prior to departure to collect tickets from the ticket box (located at No.6 Jetty Road Circular Quay).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for travel up to and including 31st March 2023: Even though many restrictions have now eased across NSW, Captain Cook Cruises Sydney has made a decision to continue to require proof of double-vaccination prior to boarding for all staff and customers on our Bar, Dining and Sightseeing cruises to ensure every effort has been made to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- Taronga Zoo: Note Taronga Zoo has announced it has ceased operation of the Sky Safari, with planning underway for a revitalised and fully accessible experience in the future. Guests arriving by Captain Cook Cruise's ferry can enter through the Lower Zoo Entrance just a short 3-minute walk from the ferry wharf. Alternatively a public bus (at own expense) is available from the ferry wharf to the Main Entrance at the top of the zoo.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refund for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.