Northern Lights by Boat
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A once-in-a-lifetime experience!
This thrilling excursion offers an incredible opportunity to hunt for the mesmeric Northern Lights. Departing by boat, you will sail away from the Reykjavik coastline and out into the North Atlantic ocean, one of the prime hunting grounds for this natural phenomenon.
Our guide to Northern Lights by Boat Iceland
Iceland is one of the best places in the world to see the Northern Lights and hunting this famous natural display - caused by the collision of solar wind and magnetospheric charged particles - on the North Atlantic Ocean isn't one you will forget in a hurry.
Departing from Reykjavik, you will sail away from the stunning coastline's sparkling city lights and mountainous backdrop before turning your attention to the night sky in search of the undulating green waves.
Any questions you have will be answered by the ship's expert guide who will also explain the underlying scientific facts that make this magical show possible.
With flexible ticket policy meaning, you can exchange your ticket or get a full refund if the weather conditions aren't in your favour and the tour is not able to run at all. So, there is no reason to miss out on this incredible experience.
Daily departures between September and April.
1st - 30th September: 10pm; 1st October to 14 March: 9.00pm; 15th March - 15th April: 10pm.
2 to 3 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Northern Lights by Boat Iceland
- In the event of inclement weather, road closures or other causes which may impact your hotel pick-up, you will be advised of the nearest collection point. It is the customer's responsibility to be at this location in order to be collected.
- You will be required to present a printed copy of your voucher at the time of tour departure.
- Tours are subject to correct weather conditions, which will be confirmed by around 6pm on the day your tour is due to operate, therefoe sightings cannot be guaranteed. The supplier reserves the right to cancel the tour due to unfavorable weather conditions if need be.
- If the Northern Lights forecast looks good but it is too windy to go out to sea, the tour company will take customers out for a Northern Lights tour on the bus - and still allow guests to take the boat tour the next day.
- If, unfortunately, the weather is not in your favour and you aren't able to take the tour during your stay, you can exchange your ticket for a whale watching tour, the chance to join a night of fun at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition (while keeping your boat ticket) or claim a full refund. (All options have a value greater than or equal to the cost of your northern lights by boat ticket)
- A refund will not be issued if you have already been on the tours and used the services - whether it is by bus or boat
- Wrap up warm and dress for the weather although additional layers will be provided.
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 72 hours prior to the tour date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours of tour date.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.