- Free cancellations*
- Pay in instalments
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Book now for a memory-making experience
You shouldn't skip this trip if you're in Cairns! Visit Kuranda, which is situated in the magnificent Rainforest World Heritage Site. Stop at the Rainforestation Natural Park, feed a kangaroo by hand, travel on the Kuranda Scenic Train, and ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway for the most breathtaking vistas.
Our guide to Classic Kuranda
You will be picked up by a Tropic Wings bus from your accommodation and transported to Freshwater Train Station, where your trip will begin.
Join the Kuranda Scenic Railway at 8:45am in the morning to start your full-day Classic Kuranda Tour. Go by rail to the picturesque village of Kuranda, passing by magnificent waterfalls and through 15 hand-cut tunnels.
On arrival at Kuranda enjoy time to wander through the Kuranda Village or visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary (at your own expense). Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park. A Barbeque lunch is included on your trip. Enjoy a mouthwatering hot buffet as well as a large variety of salads, cheeses, and fruits.
Next, it's time for the Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard. While your guide discusses various types of flora and wildlife, you will go deep into the jungle on both land and water.
Join the Dreamtime Walk to learn how to throw a boomerang, observe spear-throwing, and listen to didgeridoo playing after watching the Pamagirri Dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheatre.
Your tour continues to the Koala and Wildlife Park. A guided tour will allow you to observe crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes, and a cassowary, as well as hand-feed kangaroos and wallabies. You will also have the opportunity to have your picture taken with a koala or a tiny crocodile is available (at your own expense).
Transfer to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway at 3:45pm and travel to the Smithfield Terminal while gliding above the rainforest canopy, stopping at Red Peak Station and Barron Falls Station along the way. The tour ends at 5:30pm, at which point hotel drop-offs will start.
Daily, year-round except 25th December.
This tour picks up from centrally located Cairns accommodations from 7.45am.
Around 10 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Classic Kuranda
- Itinerary is subject to change without notice. It may operate in reverse or in a different sequence.
- What to Bring: Your voucher, camera, hat, sunscreen & insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes, a bottle of water, money for drinks and snacks and a light jumper in winter months.
- Return transfers (pick up & drop off) are included from Cairns accommodation. Transfers are not available from private residences (including AirBnB properties) – guests will need to meet at Skyrail Smithfield Terminal, or make their own way to another pickup location.
- In relation to any Pandemic, we reserve the right to request customers to follow all government regulations current at time of service. Failure to follow these directives may result in refusal of travel.
- Operational times for traders can vary seasonally and may change at short notice. We recommend that passengers wishing to visit Kuranda markets check for up to date opening hours, which are available online.
- Infants aged 0-3 years travel free of charge.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds for bookings cancelled or amended 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.