Ocean Free Sail to Green Island & Great Barrier Reef
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
What are you waiting for? Book now and discover the Great Barrier Reef!
Experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef as it was intended and explore the stunning Green Island in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This unforgettable full-day tour allows you to fully relax, sunbathe, explore the incredible underwater world as you snorkel and enjoy a delicious lunch onboard Ocean Free's 16.5 metre sailing schooner.
Our guide to Ocean Free Sail to Green Island & Great Barrier Reef
Your tour starts once you have been picked up from your hotel in Cairns. Upon arriving at Marlin Marina Cairns - the bus driver will direct you to the Reef Fleet Terminal for check-in (from 7.15am) at the Ocean Free/Freedom desk.
After check-in, you will board Ocean Free. Upon boarding enjoy a piece of fresh fruit and Danish pastry with a cup of tea or coffee. Ocean Free - a 16-metre sailing schooner will depart the dock at 8.00am to commence a full-day cruise to Green Island and the Great Barrier Reef. Guest numbers are limited to only a maximum of 25 guests to ensure a personal experience with maximum comfort and space.
Sail to Ocean Free’s exclusive mooring on Pinnacle Reef, just 1km offshore from Green Island. This Marine Park Reserve is also protected from fishing and has an abundant array of marine life. On arriving step straight off the boat into a coral garden and enjoy a swim, snorkel tours, scuba dive (additional cost, paid locally) under the watchful eye of your experienced crew, or just relax.
After the morning activities enjoy a delicious large smorgasbord lunch with seafood. Transfers to Green Island are available throughout the day, to explore the walking tracks and rainforest or relax on the beach - the amount of time spent between the island and the boat is your choice.
After 4.5 hours of reef and island time, Ocean Free departs the reef and sails (wind prevailing) back to Cairns. During the journey home snacks and a glass of wine are served by your attentive crew.
Arrive back in Cairns at approximately 5.00pm. Meet the bus at the same point for your return transfer to your hotel.
Daily, year-round except 25th December and 1st January.
The tour starts at 8.00am. This tour picks up from centrally located Cairns accommodations. Your pick-up time will be confirmed locally.
Around 9 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Ocean Free Sail to Green Island & Great Barrier Reef
- Please note: Environmental Management Charge and Cairns Port Authority $20 per person Administration Fee is payable direct on the departure of the tour, and is subject to change without notice.
- A bus with a small Ocean Free/Ocean Freedom sign on the side will pick you up from your hotel - please ensure you are at the pick-up point on time for your transfer.
- The tour departs from the Reef Fleet Terminal. Departure from A Finger Number 4.
- Please bring swimwear, sunscreen, a towel, a hat, sunglasses, cash or credit card for onboard purchases and a light jumper in winter months for the journey home or a light raincoat if some tropical showers are around.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Guests must be mobile enough to get in and out of a dinghy from the main vessel and on and out of the dinghy onto the beach - Guests must be mobile enough to move around a sailing vessel.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the trip on very rare occasions due to adverse weather conditions or mechanical problems, or to use another vessel or select the sites.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers.
- Infants aged 0-3 years travel free.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no-show.