City Lights Experience Helicopter Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
See New York's amazing skyline lit up in a prespective normally reserved for private charters - and birds! Starting in New Jersey, you'll get to see the Big Apple like few others do!
Our guide to City Lights Experience Helicopter Tour
See New York City’s dazzling skyline from above on our City Lights Experience. This unique flight departs from Linden Airport in Linden, NJ for a 25-30 minute trip around Manhattan.
Start your journey either soaring above Newark International Airport or Staten Island before flying into New York Harbor to visit the illuminated Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island! See the lights of Times Square as you travel to the top of Manhattan towards the George Washington Bridge, one of the busiest bridges in the world! View Manhattan’s skyscrapers, including the iconic Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and One World Trade Center emblazoned in lights in an unforgettable experience.
The only way to see the skyline of New York lit up at night is to choose this experience departing from New Jersey. Don’t worry if you don’t have a car while you’re visiting New York as Linden Station can easily be reached by NJ Transit. From the station, we are a short ride away in a car service! By far the best view of the Statue of Liberty from New Jersey is from a HeliNY sightseeing tour!
Friday to Mondays year round
7pm - 10pm (Sundays from 2pm to 10pm)
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for City Lights Experience Helicopter Tour
- This tour is from Linden Airport New Jersey. To journey it takes approx 40 mins from Penn Street Station on Manhattan to Linden. From here a free shuttle will take you to Linden Airport. Cost from Penn Station to Linden is $8.50 per person each way. We recommend departing Penn 100 minutes before your schdeuled flight.
- Flight does not operate unless a minimum of four passenger per tour is met. You will be offered the chance to reschedule should this happen
- There is an Airport Facility Fee of $15 per person that has been in included in the price you have paid
- The City Lights Experience is a shared flight. Each flight accommodates up to either 6, 7 or 12 persons.
- New York Helicopter Tours will only be cancelled when it is unsafe to fly, they will not be cancelled if the weather is overcast.
- If your Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, your ticket voucher will be given a weather stamp and you will receive a full refund.
- There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Please note flight times are on request.
- Once your reservation is complete with NY Heli, your exact time will be confirmed. If the time you have requested is not available, we will contact you to offer an alternative time.
- There is a maximum weight allowance per passenger of 275lbs.
- Flights at 2pm until Sunset on Sundays will, by their very nature, operate during daylight hours
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for City Lights Experience Helicopter Tour
- Do I need to book a date for my Helicopter Tour in advance?
Yes. Due to the huge popularity of this experience, most time slots are booked out in advance
- Where does the City Lights Experience Tours depart from?
The New York Helicopter Tours depart daily from the Linden Municipal Airport , New Jersey
- How many people can ride in a helicopter?
Each helicopter seats up to 6, 7 or 12 passengers plus the pilot.
- What happens if my New York Helicopter Tour is cancelled due to weather?
If your New York Helicopter tour is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be offered an alternative time and date to fly. If you are unable to re-schedule for a suitable time/date that fits with your plans, we will be able to refund you in full on your return home.
- Is there a minimum age requirement?
There is no minimum age, although infants under 2 years of age must sit on adult's lap. There is no charge for infants.
- Is there a maximum weight allowance?
Yes, the maximum weight allowance for a passenger is 275lbs.