Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Leave the busy national park crowds behind and experience the heart of the Grand Canyon with a visit to Bar 10 Ranch and a stunning scenic flight over the canyon itself.
Our guide to Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
Venture off the beaten path and discover unexplored terrain with the Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour.
Begin your day with complimentary hotel pick-up from Las Vegas to our Boulder City air terminal. Check-in and board an aircraft specifically designed for “flightseeing,” complete with high wings and panoramic windows for optimal viewing and a climate-controlled cabin.
Enjoy the scenery below as you fly over Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River before reaching the heart of the Grand Canyon.
Upon touching down on the airstrip at Bar 10 Ranch, you’ll embark on an all-terrain Polaris Ranger tour through Whitmore Canyon and Lake Mead Recreation Area to the rim of the Grand Canyon.
This tour will provide you with exciting and unique vantage points in the rugged wilderness of the North Rim. At 3,000 feet (880 m) above the Colorado River, the sheer drop from the rim of this part of the canyon is a truly spectacular sight.
Keep an eye out for the unusual collection of forestry and vegetation and local critters, as well.
Return to Bar 10 Ranch and relax while enjoying a delicious homemade Dutch oven barbecue lunch. After a day full of outdoor adventure, you’ll proceed back to the airstrip for your return flight.
The Boulder City terminal offers souvenir photos for purchase as well as a cafe and large gift shop. Check-in at the hotel transfer desk located in the terminal lobby for complimentary shuttle service back to your hotel with memories to last a lifetime.
For those choosing the ATV option, they will travel along the same route as the Polaris but on their own ATV for which they will require a valid driver's license and must be over 16 years old.
Daily from April to mid-November. Not operational Saturdays and Sundays in November.
Departure time is always early morning but varies each month.
7.5 to 8 hours from hotel to hotel.
Fuel Surcharge - All tours are now subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off are available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Flights depart from Boulder City Airport. Transfers to and from the airport can take up to 90 minutes.
- Airplanes are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused to board if weights are incorrect.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardian's lap.
- ATV drivers must be 16 years of age or older and require a valid driver's license.
- Pilot gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Should your chosen flight not be available, we’ll do our best to place you and your party on the nearest possible flight. If the amended time and date are not suitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Fuel Surcharge - All tours are now subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
- Is there a weight limit for an individual passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs (21.4 stone/136 kilos) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $200 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused boarding if weights are incorrect.
- What should I bring?
Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven, thus it is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended. Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged but please be aware that the use of "Selfie Sticks" and extending camera poles is strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft. Finally, all passengers booked on this tour must have government issued forms of identification.