Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
This tour will provide you with exciting and unique vantage points in the rugged wilderness of the North Rim...
Leave the busy national park crowds behind and experience the heart of the Grand Canyon with a visit to Bar 10 Ranch and a stunning scenic flight over the canyon itself.
Our guide to Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
Venture off the beaten path and discover unexplored terrain with the Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour.
Begin your day with complimentary hotel pick-up from Las Vegas to our Boulder City air terminal. Check-in and board an aircraft specifically designed for “flightseeing,” complete with high wings and panoramic windows for optimal viewing and a climate-controlled cabin.
Enjoy the scenery below as you fly over Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, and the Colorado River before reaching the heart of the Grand Canyon.
Upon touching down on the airstrip at Bar 10 Ranch, you’ll embark on an all-terrain Polaris Ranger tour through Whitmore Canyon and Lake Mead Recreation Area to the rim of the Grand Canyon.
This tour will provide you with exciting and unique vantage points in the rugged wilderness of the North Rim. At 3,000 feet (880 m) above the Colorado River, the sheer drop from the rim of this part of the canyon is a truly spectacular sight.
Keep an eye out for the unusual collection of forestry and vegetation and local critters, as well.
Return to Bar 10 Ranch and relax while enjoying a delicious homemade Dutch oven barbecue lunch. After a day full of outdoor adventure, you’ll proceed back to the airstrip for your return flight.
The Boulder City terminal offers souvenir photos for purchase as well as a cafe and large gift shop. Check-in at the hotel transfer desk located in the terminal lobby for complimentary shuttle service back to your hotel with memories to last a lifetime.
For those choosing the ATV option, they will travel along the same route as the Polaris but on their own ATV for which they will require a valid driver's license and must be over 16 years old.
Daily from April to mid-November. Not operational Saturdays and Sundays in November.
Departure time is always early morning but varies each month.
7.5 to 8 hours from hotel to hotel.
Fuel Surcharge - All tours are now subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings canceled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
- This tour is only available from Las Vegas.
- Advanced reservations are required. Please select your preferred date at the time of booking.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off are available from all hotels located around the ‘Strip’ and Downtown areas of Las Vegas
- Flights depart from Boulder City Airport. Transfers to and from the airport can take up to 90 minutes.
- Airplanes are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 299lbs (135.91kg / 21.36 stone) will be charged for an additional tour seat locally and a $300 supplement will be payable upon check-in. All weights submitted must be accurate or you may be refused to board if weights are incorrect.
- Infants aged 2 and under travel for free and must sit on their parent/guardian's lap.
- ATV drivers must be 16 years of age or older and require a valid driver's license.
- Pilot gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Should your chosen flight not be available, we’ll do our best to place you and your party on the nearest possible flight. If the amended time and date are not suitable, you will be entitled to a full refund.
- Fuel Surcharge - All tours before and up to 31 March 2024 are subject to a $30 per person fuel surcharge, which will be collected locally at check-in from passengers
Frequently Asked Questions for Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour
What is the Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour?
The Grand Canyon North Air & Ground Tour is a comprehensive tour that combines both air and ground experiences. You'll start with a thrilling scenic flight over the Grand Canyon's North Rim, followed by a guided ground tour of the stunning landscape.
Duration of Visit
What is the duration of the tour?
The tour typically lasts around 7-8 hours, including flight time, ground exploration, and lunch.
Food & Drink
Can I bring my own food or drinks on the tour?
Outside food and beverages are not allowed during the tour. However, a delicious picnic lunch is provided as part of the package.
Is there a maximum weight limit for a passenger?
Helicopters are very sensitive to weight and weight distribution. As such anyone weighing over 300lbs will be required to purchase a comfort seat, the equivalent price of another seat, payable upon check-in. All passengers must be weighed at check-in.
Clothing & Accessories
What should I wear and bring for the tour?
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes. Don't forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and a valid photo ID for check-in.