Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Free cancellations*
- Instant confirmation
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
With over 20 tour stops at various landmarks you can tailormake your own itinerary...
Explore the best of San Francisco on board a Big Bus Tour. We offer the most comprehensive tour with over 16 hop-on hop-off locations spanning from Fisherman’s Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Our guide to Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
No need to switch buses – our one full city loop will take you to famous neighbourhoods and attractions including Pier 39, Chinatown, Little Italy, Painted Ladies Victorian Homes, Haight-Ashbury Neighbourhood, Golden Gate Park, Lombard Crooked Street, Union Square Shopping District and an unforgettable journey across the Golden Gate Bridge.
With over 16 stops, hop-on and hop-off at your leisure and experience San Francisco’s diverse culture, eclectic food, beautiful parks, stunning architecture, world-class shopping, and picturesque views.
There are three different types of tickets to choose from plus that include the Hop On Hop Off bus, plus two other tours detailed below, the Night Tour and the Muir Woods Tour
- One Day Hop on Hop Off Big Bus Tour Ticket
- One Day Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus Tour Ticket
- Chinatown Walking Tour
- One Hour Bonus Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 Hour from Blazing Saddles
- Two Day Hour Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus TourTicket
- Chinatown Walking Tour
- Admission to the USS Pampanito or Blazing Saddles bike rental offer
Departures: from Stop 1 (Big Bus Tours Visitors' Center - 99 Jefferson Street) at 6:30 pm
- Muir Woods Tour: Experience the wonder of one of California’s oldest redwood groves on our new Muir Woods Tour. Hop on to take a scenic drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, and adventure into Muir Woods National Forest. Stroll through the walking trails in tranquil Muir Woods to see California's coastal redwoods, the tallest living things on earth. Muir Woods is one of the last remaining stands of old-growth coastal redwood forest, sustained by temperate marine fog. You'll see redwoods that are over 800 years old, having grown from tiny seeds to heights of up to 258 feet (79 m).
Tour Highlights: Fisherman’s Wharf – Golden Gate Bridge – Muir Woods – Drive through Sausalito
Duration: 3.5 hours - 4 hours
Departures from Stop 1 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm at 6:30 pm
NOTE: Please arrive 20 - 30 minutes before your preferred tour as seats are subject to availability. Please note that the Night Tour does not operate on July 4th, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving, and New Year’s Eve.
Bonus 1-hour bike rental (with purchase of 1 hour): Explore San Francisco on a Deluxe or Hybrid bicycle and see the city from a different perspective. Take yourself on a self-guided tour, perfect for independent travelers or groups. Ride through scenic parks, bikeways and if you are feeling adventurous, ride across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
USS Pampanito or Blazing Saddles: Choose from one of two of San Francisco's top experiences either Blazing Saddles bike hire, or admission to the USS Pampanito. Do a deep dive into the history of a historic World War WWII submarine, or cycle across San Francisco's stunning waterfront, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and into Sausalito.
Chinatown Walking Tour: A walking tour will teach you about the biggest and oldest Asian Chinatowns in San Francisco. Check out the stunning Chinatown gates, the bustling market, and the lively fusion of old and new cultures. A knowledgeable guide will give you an overview of the history and must-see locations during your tour.
You can join the Chinatown Walk from Stop 2 (North Beach/Washington Sq.). The tour departs daily at 1:00 pm. The Walking Tour duration is approximately 1 hour.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- As COVID regulations change frequently and at short notice, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have checked the requirements that the USA has put in place so that all visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- You will be sent a gate-ready Big Bus Ticket. Simply print in advance or present on your smart phone for boarding.
- A child ticket is available for children aged between 5 and 15 years. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 4 years and under may travel free of charge. All Children must be accompanied by an adult. Strollers must be folded and stowed on the lower deck.
- Luggage is not permitted on board the bus at this time.
- Big Bus runs every day of the year, except for New Year’s Eve. Occasionally severe weather and special event days could affect service.
- The tour company reserves the right to deviate from the route of a service where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the company’s control.
- Please note routes may cancelled and operating times may change without notice. Please check times locally.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions for Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Do I need to book a date or time for Big Bus?
Yes. To help control capacity, all guests must pre-book a date when purchasing tickets through Big Bus. Your Bis Bus Ticket is gate-ready and guarantees use on any available Big Bus for the selected date.
- How do I receive my tickets?
Your gate-ready ticket will be available to download as soon as your booking is paid. All you need to do is present your ticket on your mobile phone, or print at home before arriving at any one of the Big Bus stops.