Bondi Surf Lesson
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Can you imagine yourself riding a wave on beautiful Bondi Beach?
This popular beginner course teaches you how to safely get out and up onto your first wave before you’ve had time to worry about falling off.
Our guide to Bondi Surf Lesson
Looking to start your surfing journey? Join in with other locals on our fun and safe two-hour beginner lesson.
Surfing in small (max 5) supportive groups you will learn all of the surf basics including; warm-up, paddling, catching waves and standing! All equipment and expert instruction is included in the lesson price.
It is the perfect time to start something new, challenge yourself and become a surfer. The professional team looks forward to showing you the amazing benefits of surfing, including fitness, fun, mood booster and a way to spend some time in nature.
You will be taught in a small group setting so you get plenty of hands-on help. To build up your knowledge and confidence, first start out on the beach and you will be taught how to recognise surf conditions and practice your surfing technique before you get into the water.
Then it's off into the ocean, where you start off in broken waves - the white foam created after the waves run their course. You will be amazed at how easy, safe and enjoyable it can be to learn to surf.
Times vary - please reconfirm your class the day before to confirm time.
This tour concludes approximately 2 hours after commencement.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Bondi Surf Lesson
- Surfing in the rain or challenging weather can be a great experience. Let's Go Surfing surf lessons proceed in all weather excluding electrical storms and dangerous surf.
- Please arrive at the premises 30 minutes before the commencement of the lesson with swimmers and a towel.
- Appropriate all season wetsuits, radiators, UV rash vests and sunblock are supplied to surfers.
- Lessons will not proceed should Let's Go Surfing decide that the weather and conditions make the participation in a lesson unsafe, or for any other reason, at the absolute discretion of Let's Go Surfing.
- Please note, personal belongings including mobile phones, handbags, cameras etc are not permitted on the beach and must be stored in the safe storage area provided.
- All participants must be 12 years or older and must: Be able to swim 50 metres and have a reasonable level of fitness and strength, full-body control and hand-eye-foot coordination. Not have a blood alcohol reading of 0.05% or higher. Not have broken bones nor have undergone surgery in the last 6 months. Not have experienced a fit or seizure in the last 6 months. Not be pregnant.
- Cancellation Policy: No refund for bookings cancelled within 24 hours before travel or in the event of a no show.
Frequently Asked Questions for Bondi Surf Lesson
- I am totally new to surfing, where do I start?
For Adults (12 years and older), this 2-hour group beginner lessons is the best place to start.
- Where is the meeting point?
The office is located at 128 Ramsgate Avenue, at the northern end of Bondi Beach. Walk along the beach to the furthest point north along the promenade and then slightly up the hill past the North Bondi RSL club. It is right next door to Speedo’s Cafe.
- What do I need to bring?
All you need to bring along is your swimwear and towel. Lets Go Surfing provides all equipment (wetsuit, surfboard, sunscreen and zinc).
- Do lessons include the rental or equipment as well?
It sure does! Bondi Surf Experience includes everything you need: wetsuit, surfboard, rash-vest and sunscreen. Just wear your swimmers and bring along a towel.
- Can I store valuables during my lesson?
All participants are encouraged to leave anything valuable or important in the hotel room or at home. Storage is provided for clothes and towel.
- What if it’s raining?
You’re going to get wet anyway! Some of the best waves come with the rain, so lessons are held rain, hail or shine. The only reason lesson will be canceled is if the conditions are dangerous.
- Do I need to be able to swim?
Most lessons are held in waist-deep water but it is recommended that you are able to swim 50 metres (the length of an Olympic swimming pool) for all group lessons.
- Are there kids in my lesson?
The minimum age for adult lessons is 12 years.
- Can I use my own board in the lesson?
If you’re a beginner, it is safer to use the excellent soft-boards provided. They are the perfect tool for starting out!
- Will I be able to stand up on my first lesson?
Everyone learns at a different pace but most people do stand up on their first lesson.
- How many people are in a group?
The instructor/student ratio is small. There is a maximum of five people in a group with an instructor in Bondi. This small ratio allows you to learn quickly as you get plenty of attention from your instructor.