Mount Teide Sunset Tour & Cable Car with transfers
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Behold the Teide National Park and its kaleidascope of colours on a guided Teide tour which includes watching the sunset from the highest peak in Spain as well as observing the Tenerife stars under one of the world's clearest starry skies.
Our guide to Mount Teide Sunset Tour & Cable Car with transfers
Behold Teide National Park and its colours at sunset on this guided tour which offers the opportunity to enjoy a stargazing experience as well as riding the cable car to Mount Teide's summit.
This Sunset Tour excursion with astronomical observation includes transport so that you can spend more time enjoying the tour and the en-route stops in the company of a guide.
Comfortably ascending to 3,555m via cable car, take in the spectacle of Teide’s shadow cast towards the horizon, as well as Spain’s highest sunset from the Pico Viejo viewpoint.
From the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint which you will walk during your excursion, you will have the opportunity to see, in the distance, part of the lava poured during the eruptive process that took place on Mount Teide in 1798.
At the end of the trail to the Pico Viejo viewpoint, if the weather permits, you will experience a unique view: the islands of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma on the horizon, and the impressive Pico Viejo crater—which is 800m in diameter and at one time, hosted an impressive lava lake—at your feet.
It’s one of the most beautiful and spectacular moments that the volcano offers its visitors right before the most stunning Teide sunset!
When you think it’s not possible to feel more excited, you will be astounded by the spectacle of the sky over Mount Teide which you will explore from the Teide cable car base station's car park.
During the astronomical observation, your guides will unravel for you the mysteries of the sky over Mt Teide, one of the three best skies on the planet, along with Chile and Hawaii, where it is possible to see 83 out of the 88 officially recognised constellations.
Observe the spectacle with the unaided eye and using our professional telescopes, learn how to navigate using the sky and enjoy discerning the elements of Greek mythology, which are hidden behind the constellations. What a night!
Varies throughout the year depending on when the sun sets. Hotel pick-ups can commence from 2.15pm. The exact time will be detailed on your voucher.
Approximately 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Mount Teide Sunset Tour & Cable Car with transfers
- Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier 48 hours/days prior to the tour date less an admin charge per person for the cable car tickets. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 48 hours of tour date.
- In the event that weather conditions impede the operation of the cable car for the ‘Teide Tour and Cable Car Ride’ activity, the price of the cable car return ticket shall be reimbursed.
- Guests aged between 8 and 13 years are eligible for the child rate.
- Children aged under 7 years or younger are not allowed to participate on this tour.
- When booking please indicate the hotel where you're staying and upon reconfirmation you'll be informed of your pick-up details.
- People with cardiovascular conditions, pregnant women, and children under the age of 3 are not allowed on the Cable Car, because of the risks posed to their health by the altitude.
- In accordance with current regulations, persons with any physical disability or motor impairment are not permitted to make the ascent by Cable Car, because of the potential risks if the vehicle has to be evacuated.
- It is essential to bear in mind that in the event of the failure of the cable car system due to unexpected technical reasons, passengers already at the upper station will have to make their descent on foot and using steep mountain paths.