Alcatraz with 2 Day Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour
4.5 stars: Based on 136 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
No trip to San Francisco would be complete without a visit to infamous Alcatraz Island, the former prison home of some America’s most notorious criminals. This great value ticket combines the city-wide 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off Double-Decker bus tour and return ferry tickets to ‘the Rock’.
Our guide to Alcatraz with 2 Day Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour
The 2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off & Alcatraz ticket is valid for 2 Days and allows you to explore the city at your own pace - see San Francisco from the top of an authentic English Double Decker Bus and hop-off at any of the convenient stops around the city.
Explore, sightsee or shop before jumping aboard next bus. The Hop-on Hop-Off ticket is valid for three different routes around the city and there is full narration on board ensuring you do not miss a thing!
- The Official City Tour (departs daily every 30 minutes from 9.00am to 5.00pm): Departing from The Fisherman's wharf, this tour lasts around 150 minutes and takes you along North beach and Ferry building, before heading into Downtown Union Square area. The tour continues into the Golden Gate park, passing the Civic Centre (City Hall) and Haight and Ashbury on the way.Civic centre has many architectural landmarks, such as the impressive City Hall, the Opera House, Symphony Hall, and the Public Library. You will experience the Hippie district at Haight and Ashbury. The Golden gate park houses the California Academy of Sciences, the De Young Museum, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Botanical Gardens and more. Explore at your leisure. At the North Vista Point you can hop off the bus to walk across the 1.7 mile span of the bridge. Pass through the Marina district and Cow Hollow past Palace of Fine Arts into Union square downtown and drive further into Chinatown. See the Transamerica Pyramid and Pier 39 on the way back to Fisherman's wharf.
Alcatraz Audio Tour
No trip to San Francisco would be complete without a visit to Alcatraz Island in the heart of San Francisco Bay.
This former federal penitentiary housed some of America’s most infamous criminals including Al "Scarface" Capone and the "Birdman" Robert Stroud and was famous as the ‘prison of no escape’. Your ticket includes a return ferry ride to Alcatraz from Pier 33 and the award-winning Audio Tour of the Cell House.
As you walk through the jail, the history is brought to life by the real-life voices of the correctional officers and inmates who lived on the island during the infamous Federal Penitentiary era. Hear about escape attempts, ‘The Battle of '46’, food riots, and surviving solitary confinement.
Your ferry ticket for Alcatraz will be confirmed for the date you request at the time of booking, but the actual time will not be advised until you reconfirm online . The hours before your cruise self-guided audio tour gives you the flexibility to stay on the island as long as you like.
Average 4.5 out of 5 (136 customer reviews)
Great value fully protected
Trusted Customer reviewed 05 Apr,2018
Amazing a must do in San Fran..All loops tour was great aswell learned a lot about the area.
Trusted Customer reviewed 12 Oct,2016
Trusted Customer reviewed 03 Nov,2014
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Alcatraz with 2 Day Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Fully refundable if cancelled with the supplier more than 10 days prior to your tour. 25% cancellation fee applies for bookings cancelled within 10 days of your tour. No shows are 100% non-refundable.
- The date you select on the calendar is your reserved Alcatraz date. You will need to reconfirm online for the exact time of your cruise. The bus tours are flexible and can start on any day, except Christmas Day.
- This ticket must be booked at least 7 days in advance of your planned visit to Alcatraz.
- The All Loops Tour portion of your ticket is open-dated and can be used at any time. The All Loops Ticket expires 2 days after first use.
- The All Loops portion of the tour does not run on Christmas Day.
Frequently Asked Questions for Alcatraz with 2 Day Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Do I need to detail a specific date for my tour?
The date you select on the calendar is your reserved Alcatraz date. You must reconfirm your Alcatrax cruise 72 hours in advance, online, to find out the time of your cruise. The bus tours are flexible and can start on any day, except Christmas Day.
- Is there a limit to the number of times I can get off and re-join the tour bus?
No, you can get off and on the buses as many times as you like over 2 Days