Great Ocean Road Adventure
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A full day of Australia's most majestic coastal scenery!
Experience the dramatic sea cliffs, roaring surf, white sand beaches and ancient rainforest as you travel along the stunning Great Ocean Road, one of the most spectacular coastal journeys in the world.
Our guide to Great Ocean Road Adventure
This Great Ocean Road day tour is a fantastic full-day trip spent exploring this truly majestic stretch of diverse coastline, taking in its amazing array of spectacular attractions. The scenic journey in the air-conditioned bus along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself, as you absorb some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend.
Departing Melbourne at around 8.00 am, enjoy panoramic views of the city and Port Phillip Bay as you cross the Westgate Bridge, Australia’s longest bridge at just under 2.6 kilometers in length. Pass by and learn a little about Victoria’s second-largest city, Geelong, as you make your way down towards the Surf Coast, with its enchanting beachside towns and powerful swells.
In Torquay, stop for your first opportunity to visit the beach and enjoy a complimentary morning tea.
Next, set out along the Great Ocean Road itself, as your experienced driver guide provides informative commentary about the road’s history and its place in Australian folklore.
Next, set out on a scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road and listen as your experienced driver guide provides informative commentary about the road’s history and its place in Australian folklore. Have your camera at the ready as you make plenty of scenic stops, including, the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View.
At the township of Kennett River, you will make a brief detour into the sweetly-scented eucalyptus forest to locate some of the local koalas in their native habitat. Home to a large koala population, numerous sightings are guaranteed! You will also have the amazing opportunity to see colourful local birdlife, including crimson rosellas and king parrots.
Head to Apollo Bay for your lunch break (own expense) and another photo stop at Cape Patton on the way. After lunch, follow the Great Ocean Road away from the ocean and into the mountains. The tour proceeds through the impressive Otway Ranges, where you will stop to enjoy a stroll in the cool temperate rainforest. Here, your guide accompanies the group through the forest, where you will stop to learn a little about the world’s tallest flowering trees and other ancient rainforest species.
The fun doesn't end there! Your tour continues to the world-famous Port Campbell National Park and its iconic array of rock formations. You’ll be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the Twelve Apostles. Here, you also have the opportunity to take to the air with an optional helicopter flight (approximately $145 per person and payable locally).
For those guests who don’t take to the air, a further stop is possible at Gibsons Steps. Descend the steps to Gibsons Beach below for beach-level views of two of the Twelve Apostles.
Just down the road is the heart of the Shipwreck Coast, the Loch Ard Gorge where 52 lives were lost and only 2 souls survived the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878. Your guide will recount the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to life in a way you never imagined. Take your time to explore here, and discover more rock formations, including the Razorback, the Dumpling Pots, and the delightful Island Archway.
A dinner stop is made on the journey back to Melbourne (own expense) before enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as we cross the Westgate Bridge again. With drop-off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
Daily, year-round. This tour does not run on 25th December.
Hotel pick-ups commence between 7.00am - 8.00am.
Around 12-13 hours (return at 9.00pm).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Great Ocean Road Adventure
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please bring appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and to wear sensible shoes. We also recommend you bring sunscreen, a water bottle and a hat. There are many paths, boardwalks and staircases to get great views of the cliffs and monoliths.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- We reserve the right to decline groups larger than 15 guests joining.
- Children aged between 0-15 years pay a child price.
- Children 0-4 years: To ensure our guest’s health & safety, all children aged 4 years and under must be securely fastened in a baby seat. These seats are provided by us at no additional charge. This is a condition of carriage as we strictly prohibit children from sitting on a parent's lap while the tour vehicle is in motion. Parents or guardians bear the responsibility to make sure their child remains seated and properly secured throughout the duration of the tour.
- For children aged between 5-8 years, we offer an optional booster seat. This is available by request only and arrangements must be made prior to the tour's departure. Please understand that once requested and placed in the vehicle, the booster seat cannot be removed during the day.
- Children under the age of 18 who wish to travel by themselves on any of our day or extended day tours must have a Parent/Guardian consent form completed and signed.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operation or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please note: We have been advised by Parks Victoria that access to the gorge at Loch Ard Gorge will be closed until some time in Spring 2023 (i.e. September-November) due to dangerous cliff movement near the Upper Lookout, which could cause a collapse. We will still be visiting this location, as there are many other interesting & spectacular viewpoints around the area above the gorge.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator before 48 hours of your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 48-24 hours to tour departure will incur a 50% loss of the tour fare. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.