Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Book now to visit one of Australia's most recognisable places!
Explore the famous Grampians National Park and its surrounds in one day. Take an easy stroll to enjoy the amazing tranquillity of Silverband Falls and a short hike into the spectacular Grand Canyon.
Our guide to Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
Your Grampians National Park tour departs Melbourne at 8:00 am, passing through Victoria's Western Plains en route to Ballarat, a historic town that thrived during the 1850s gold rush. Here, you will learn about the Eureka Rebellion over morning tea.
Continuing through scenic volcanic plains, pass by Moyston, the birthplace of Australian Rules Football, before arriving at the Grampians Range, known as Gariwerd in the local Jardwadjali language. Take a leisurely walk through the cool, fern-filled woods to reach Silverband Falls.
In Halls Gap, you will break for lunch (at your expense) and keep an eye out for local kangaroos and birdlife on the main street. Afterwards, hike the Wonderland Turntable trail to the Grand Canyon, admiring the unique geological formations. Reeds Lookout offers breathtaking vistas of the Stringybark Forest and Victoria Valley.
Next, visit the iconic MacKenzie Falls, set in a serene gorge surrounded by eucalyptus forest. Walk the Bluff trail along the top of the cliffs to the panoramic viewpoint of the falls or journey down the stairs to the base of the steep gorge and gaze up at this truly impressive waterfall.
At Boroka Lookout, enjoy panoramic views of Halls Gap, Lake Bellfield and more. A dinner stop is made on the return journey to Melbourne, then enjoy a stunning view of the illuminated city as you complete the return journey to Melbourne. With drop-off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays, year-round. Not available on 25th December.
Between 7.00am - 8.00am.
12 hours (return at around 9pm).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- For customers not staying in a City Centre hotel, the central meeting point is the Rendezvous Hotel, located at 328 Flinders Street, between Elizabeth Street & Queen Street.
- This tour uses smaller air-conditioned buses, allowing access to many areas not available to the larger coaches as well as providing a personal touch with the benefits of a small group environment.
- There is a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Please bring appropriate clothing for all weather conditions and to wear sensible shoes. We also recommend you bring sunscreen, a water bottle and a hat.
- No prams or strollers permitted.
- Children aged between 0-15 years pay a child price.
- Children 0-4 years: To ensure our guest’s health & safety, all children aged 4 years and under must be securely fastened in a baby seat. These seats are provided by us at no additional charge. This is a condition of carriage as we strictly prohibit children from sitting on a parent's lap while the tour vehicle is in motion. Parents or guardians bear the responsibility to make sure their child remains seated and properly secured throughout the duration of the tour.
- For children aged between 5-8 years, we offer an optional booster seat. This is available by request only and arrangements must be made prior to the tour's departure. Please understand that once requested and placed in the vehicle, the booster seat cannot be removed during the day.
- Go West Tours reserves the right to alter fares, inclusions, vehicles, use other accredited tour operators during peak season and may cancel tours in unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour operations or alterations to itineraries may occur due to road or weather conditions, natural disasters, strikes, public holidays, accommodation availability and/or other factors. The company gives no guarantee as to the exact arrival or departure times of tours as circumstances beyond our control may influence this.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 24 persons on each departure.
- Go West Tours must be advised of any medical conditions or physical disability requiring special attention before the tour. Failing to advise us, may result in us refusing to accept the booking. We may also refuse travel if we feel that the tour chosen is not suitable without a suitably qualified companion.
- *Cancellation Policy - Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 48 hours before your chosen activity date. Guest cancellations within 48-24 hours of tour departure will incur a 50% loss of the tour fare. Guest cancellations within 24 hours of the tour departure or failure to take up a tour for any reason will result in 100% forfeiture of the tour fare. No refunds will be made for any absence from the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions for Grampians National Park Day Tour from Melbourne
- Can I bring luggage on board the bus?
The touring vehicles have minimal storage space, so any more than a small day pack is undesirable. Large bags, prams & strollers cannot be stored on board. If you need to bring along any more than this, please be sure to let the tour operator know at the time of booking, as it may be necessary to purchase an extra seat to accommodate your luggage.
- Is much physical activity involved?
A moderate level of physical mobility is required.