Sharjah City Tour from Dubai
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
A century ago, the Emirate of Sharjah was a half day ride away from Dubai on camelback. Today it can be reached in little more than fifteen minutes and the cultural sites, Islamic architecture, markets and souks are well worth a visit.
Our guide to Sharjah City Tour from Dubai
Recognized by UNESCO as the cultural capital of the United Arab Emirates, Sharjah is often referred to as the ‘Pearl of the Gulf’ largely thanks to its beautiful Islamic architecture.
Sharjah is an exciting, lively city with colourful souks filled with interesting artefacts in every corner. The combination of restored houses in traditional style with walls of sea coral; the bright colours of the material souks; the exciting fruit and vegetable market and the fascinating fish souk – all together gives a magical feeling.
On this half-day tour from Dubai, you will see exquisitely built mosques, public buildings, museums and universities and there will be a stop at the majestic King Faisal Mosque – one of the largest in the United Arab Emirates.
The beautiful Persian Gulf is your backdrop as you take the comfortable journey out of Dubai to enter the adjoining Emirate of Sharjah. On arrival enjoy a panoramic drive along the Sharjah Corniche and enjoy a photo stop at the Quran Roundabout.
Visit the Sharjah University and the Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization for an insight into Islamic culture from past and present as you peruse over 5000 exhibits including coins, ceramics, manuscripts and metalwork across seven state-of-the-art galleries.
After a short stop at the lagoon where you can purchase refreshments, head to the Al Nabooda House, a historical home that dates back 150 years before continuing to the legendary Sharjah Blue Souk.
As you wander through the souk, you will have countless opportunities to try your bargaining skills as you look for gold, silver and precious stones to jewellery, carpets, rugs, fabrics, antiques, carpets and other collectables.
The day ends with a chance to marvel at the Pearl Monument - a symbol of the UAE Federation - and the impressive King Faisal Mosque.
Pick-up will be between 08:00 – 08:30 am, depending on the hotel where you are staying. We will confirm this one day before your tour.
Around 5 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Sharjah City Tour from Dubai
- Please note a minimum of two passengers is required for this tour to operate.
- Pick-ups outside Dubai might incur an extra charge. Please contact us if you are not sure.
- Pick-up times vary depending on the location of the hotel.
- Schedules are likely to change during the month of Ramadan and the holidays.
- Before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission. Photographing ladies is not permitted. Photography of military and government installations is strictly prohibited.
- Elevate DMC reserves the right to cancel or change any part of the program due to governmental regulation, public holidays, weather conditions or similar circumstances.
- There will be no transfers available from The Palm island hotels and Business Bay area on 31st December.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the supplier at least 48 hours prior to the tour date/time. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 48 hours.