Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
One of the world's most scenic train routes
Journey through hand-hewn tunnels and over bridges spanning spectacular gorges to Kuranda, and enjoy plenty of free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' before boarding Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience.
Our guide to Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
One of Down Under Tours' luxury coaches will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to Freshwater Station to board the Kuranda Scenic Rail.
Kuranda Scenic Rail: At the scheduled time, board the world-famous Kuranda Scenic Rail and enjoy this historical rail journey to Kuranda, enjoying breathtaking views across the cane fields of Cairns, to the tropical rainforest of Kuranda. There are 2 stations en route where you can alight and enjoy a walk through the rainforest; visit the Rainforest Discovery Zone at Red Peak Station, and take in the amazing views of Barron Falls from The Edge Lookout. Kuranda Village.
Kuranda Village: Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense, payable locally). Your Kuranda Boarding Pass also offers discounted entry into selected Kuranda attractions.
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway: At the scheduled time, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail – your seats are pre-allocated. Your journey winds through 15 tunnels, across bridges and around curves to Freshwater Station.
Your tour concludes at approximately 5:30pm, at which time hotel drop-offs will commence.
Gold Class Upgrade
Why not treat yourself to a little luxury and upgrade the Kuranda Scenic Rail element of your tour to Gold Class? In this seating category, you will enjoy a dedicated host service, individual lounge-style seating, historical decor, a souvenir Kuranda Scenic Rail gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen and postcard, and food & beverage offerings!
Itinerary (Subject to change without notice):
- Hotel Pick-up
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- 2 - 4 hours of free time in Kuranda
- Kuranda Heritage Markets
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Hotel Drop-off
Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays, year-round except 25th December.
This tour picks up from centrally located Port Douglas accommodations from 7.30am.
Around 8 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Children 3 years and under travel free.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail (KSR) is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. In this instance, return Skyrail will be provided to substitute the KSR portion. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- All Kuranda tours are self-guided. Your Boarding Pass will be given to you by your driver. It includes your itinerary in written format, with timings to ensure your day runs as efficiently as possible.
- Fuel levies may be introduced when required. Should this occur, charges will be payable locally and subject to change without notice.
- *Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. A fee of 25% of the tour cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 24 hours or less prior to travel or in the event of a no show. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.