Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
One of the world's most scenic train routes
Journey through hand-hewn tunnels and over bridges spanning spectacular gorges to Kuranda, and enjoy plenty of free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' before boarding Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience.
Our guide to Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
This morning, one of Down Under Tours' luxury coaches will collect you from your accommodation and transfer you to Freshwater Station to board the Kuranda Scenic Rail. At the scheduled time, board the world famous Kuranda Scenic Rail for the one hour and 45 minute journey through the rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. Cross the impressive Stoney Creek Bridge and stop for photos at Barron Gorge. Wind through hand-hewn tunnels, across bridges and around curves, appreciating what an amazing engineering feat it is.
Upon arrival in Kuranda, it’s time to explore this fascinating village. The Heritage Markets operate 7 days a week and are full of colourful and interesting arts and crafts. You might also like to visit Birdworld, the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense, payable locally).
At the scheduled time, board Skyrail the world’s most beautiful rainforest experience. You will be amazed as you glide silently over the rainforest. There are two stations enroute where you can alight and enjoy a walk through the rainforest to spectacular lookouts or visit the CSIRO Interpretive Centre.
Your journey ends at Caravonica Lakes where your coach is waiting to take you back to your accommodation.
Daily, year round.
Approximately 7:30 - 8:30am.
Around 7 hours and 15 minutes.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Kuranda, Skyrail & Scenic Rail from Port Douglas
- You will receive a voucher for this experience. Please read it thoroughly.
- You MUST re-confirm your booking locally at least 24 hours in advance.
- Children 3 years and under travel free.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
- The Kuranda Scenic Rail (KSR) is subject to extreme weather conditions resulting in non-operation. In this instance, return Skyrail will be provided to substitute the KSR portion. You will be advised on the day of alternative arrangements that will be available to you.
- All Kuranda tours are self-guided. Your Boarding Pass will be given to you by your driver. It includes your itinerary in written format, with timings to ensure your day runs as efficiently as possible.
- Fuel levies may be introduced when required. Should this occur, charges will be payable locally and subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.