Outer Barrier Reef Adventure from Cairns
- Free cancellations
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience nature at its very best
For your Great Barrier Reef experience of a lifetime, Quicksilver’s wave-piercing catamaran and friendly crew will take you to a semi-permanent platform at the very edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf where a dazzling underwater kaleidoscope of colour and brilliance awaits.
Our guide to Outer Barrier Reef Adventure from Cairns
A trip to the spectacular Barrier Reef will be the highlight of your visit to Australia and there's no better way of experiencing it than on this Outer Barrier Reef Adventure.
After an early morning pick-up, transfer to Port Douglas and board your high-speed catamaran for the exciting crossing to the vibrant Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef at the far edge of Australia’s natural wonder. There, you will spend the day allowing you to see the Great Barrier Reef at its very best.
The reef is home to spectacular corals, a multitude of brightly coloured tropical fish, giant turtles, manatees, manta rays, whales, dolphins and sharks - no place on earth has a greater variety of life. Snorkelling is the best way to see the reef in all its glory and experienced instructors are on hand to ensure optimal viewing.
Other activities available include diving (additional charges payable locally) while those who wish to stay dry can observe the wonders of the Barrier Reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible. You can also view the fish feeding from Quicksilver's unique underwater viewing platform and underwater observatory.
With a tropical smorgasbord lunch amongst many inclusions, this is truly an awe-inspiring Australian experience that will create a lifetime of memories.
- 9:15am: Check-in
- 9:30am: Boarding - After checking in, board the vessel and enjoy the complimentary morning tea/coffee. For your safety, hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway. Passengers are required to be onboard the vessel 15 minutes before departure.
- 10.00am: Departure - Choose to sit in the air-conditioned cabins or on the outside decks as our Wavepiercer departs the Port Douglas Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef.
- 10:30am: Presentation - A Marine biology presentation is shown on the vessel monitors 30 minutes after departure. A snorkelling demonstration will follow. If you’re participating in scuba diving or helmet diving, you’ll have a 30-minute briefing with the dive crew in readiness for your dive.
- 11:30am: Outer Barrier Reef - Swim and snorkel from the activity platform. Underwater observatory open for coral and fish viewing. Semi-subs depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform. Pre-booked guided snorkel, scuba and helmet diving, and scenic helicopter flights commence as scheduled. Fish feed presentation conducted in the snorkel area.
- 12-1:30pm: Lunch - Enjoy a hot and cold tropical buffet, containing fresh prawns, pasta, meats, salads and fruit. There are full bar facilities available where you can purchase drinks. After lunch Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling Time for more reef activities or just relax and take in the view!
- 3.00pm: Return journey - Chat with the marine biologists, enjoy the reef video and even the photographer's photos of the day on the homeward journey.
- 4.30pm: Arrival at Port Douglas Marina.
Year round, daily.
9.30am. Hotel pick-ups start at 8.00am.
The experience lasts around 7 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Outer Barrier Reef Adventure from Cairns
- Introductory and certified scuba diving is available at an additional cost payable locally. Those wishing to dive will be required to fill out a medical questionnaire on board before diving. Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from diving.
- Oceanwalker helmet diving, marine biologist guided snorkel tour and scenic helicopter flights available at additional costs and payable locally
- Bring along a towel, sunscreen, hat, swimwear and camera to capture your memories.
- On very rare occasions, services can be subject to the effect of weather or unforeseen circumstances. Should a cruise not operate for any reason passengers will be offered an alternative day or a refund authorised.
- An Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 is levied on all adults and children 4 years and over entering the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage area. This charge is included in the above prices. With fluctuations in world oil prices, it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge to your ticket price. In such cases, any charge will be collected on departure.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled before your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post-departure.