Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Combine your ferry travel to Waiheke Island with a 1½ hour scenic tour plus unlimited bus travel for the rest of the day. It’s a great way to make the most of a day trip to Waiheke, offering you flexible and cost effective transport and introducing you to the island's best sights.
Our guide to Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
Once a sleepy backwater, Waiheke gained a reputation for being a hippie haven in the 1960s and the first vineyard was established in the late 1970s starting, what is now, a bustling artisan wine industry on the island. Today, millionaires and hippies alike call the island home, enjoying the laid-back atmosphere, protected environment, lovely beaches and magnificent scenery.
A 40 minute cruise takes you across the Hauraki Gulf to Matiatia Wharf on Waiheke Island. On arrival at Matiatia Wharf, board a modern coach and hop on and off as much as you like at any of the tour's 15 convenient stops. Or if you prefer, stay on board and enjoy a 1.5hr scenic tour of the island.
Accompanying your local driver, a friendly host will deliver engaging commentary about the island's history and culture, plus share insider tips to help plan your day.
There are so many ways to customize the Hop-on Hop-off tour to your liking.
Daily, year round. This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Tour departs every 60 minutes.
5 hours (allow at least 3 hours).
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
- Present your voucher at ticket offices located at Pier 1 or Pier 2 and be exchanged for tickets no later than 30 minutes prior to sailing.
- Rough or bad weather may cancel cruises.
- Although there's not a great deal of walking involved (unless you want to!), it's a good idea to bring water, sunscreen and a hat, as the island can get very hot in the summer. A comfortable pair of shoes is recommended.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.
Frequently Asked Questions for Waiheke Island Explorer Tour
- What should I wear?
Although there's not a great deal of walking involved (unless you want to!), it's a good idea to bring water, sun screen and a hat, as the island can get very hot in the summer. A comfortable pair of shoes are recommended.