Heritage Safari Dubai
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Embark on the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Ideal for the whole family as this educational, yet fun desert safari is unique from others. Be a part of history and experience the desert like never before.
Our guide to Heritage Safari Dubai
Your professional Conservation Guide will take you on a nature safari through the Dubai Desert Conservation Drive while telling you all about the desert fauna and flora and how the Bedouin used to survive. Take in a magnificent Arabian sunset while watching a spectacular falconry performance, this is the ideal opportunity for sunset selfies for your family album. Ease into the evening with a delicious Emirati dinner with shared starters and hearty mains. Indulge in aromatic shisha and be entertained with traditional performances like Yola and Drumming. The whole family can join in on the festivities as you get invited to partake in the drumming.
Choose how you want to explore the desert for your 60-minute safari:
- The Vintage Land Rover ensures a throwback to when the first vehicles were introduced to the UAE in the 1950s, feel the wind in your hair and take irreplaceable pictures in these classic cars
- Feel like a true Bedouin from the past when choosing to traverse the desert on a camel safari. The so-called “ships of the desert” have been an integral part of the UAE’s heritage.
Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (Headscarf, Stainless Steel Water Bottle and Bag). These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home. Embark on a 60-minute nature safari (choose between a Vintage Land Rover or Camel Caravan when booking). Marvel at a spectacular sunset falcon show against an Arabian sunset backdrop (25 minutes) . Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin Camp and receive a warm Arabic welcoming with coffee and dates. Enjoy cultural activities such as henna tattoos, Arabic bread making, Arabic coffee making and two cultural live entertainments. Authentic 4-course dinner in an exclusive camp set amongst the rolling dunes of a Royal desert retreat.
Sample Menu: (Subject to Change)
- SOUP SHORBAT ADAS - Lentil soup, a regional favourite, especially during the winter months (lentils, black pepper, cumin, lime, coriander, potato, carrots, leek, celery)
- KIBBEH - With variations from around the Arabian world, kibbeh has been a popular choice for generations (wheat grains, minced beef, onion, spices, pine seeds)
- SAMBOUSEK - Discovered during the Crusades, this ancient dish is crispy and flavourful (flour, egg, cheese)
- TRADITIONAL OUZI - A dish that symbolises hospitality in the region. Our Arabic spiced Lamb is simmered for many hours in an underground pit to ensure the meat is tender and falling off the bone
- RICE - Emirati Style - Rice Basmati rice, chickpeas, lentils, leek, corn oil, saffron, raisins, nuts and Arabic spices
- HAREES - A popular dish served on all occasions and at large gatherings (chicken, wheat grains, salt, ghee, spices)
- LUQAIMAT - Originating from the Arabic word meaning “a small bite that can be eaten in a single mouthful”, these small delectable Arabic style donuts are served drizzled with date syrup
- ASSORTED FRESH FRUIT Mixed seasonal fresh fruit platters
- Arabic coffee, mineral water, a selection of two fresh juices, vimto, camel milk, karak chai and a selection of tea and coffee
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Heritage Safari Dubai
- As the desert can get quite warm during the day all year round, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter (November to March), we recommend bringing something warm to wear for the evening.
- This safari includes a traditional dinner; however, please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies when booking. We can accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher-style, gluten-free.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the camp.
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old. The Camel Safari is not suitable for children under 5 years old.
- Infants below 12 months are not permitted on our nature drive, however we can arrange an alternative on request.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the Child rate.
- Pick up from Dubai Hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm (depends on the sunset)
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels is included and will be in a shared, air-conditioned vehicle (unless booked otherwise).
- Certain vintage Land Rovers can accomodate up to 10 Guests
- Not suitable for any pregnant guest.
- Return to the Hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.