On September 9th 2023, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products held their Destination D23 event where they shared some exciting news and announcements from the Disney Parks around the world. From experiences opening in the next few months to blue sky concepts possibly being created in the coming years, here are the updates you need to know!
Magic Kingdom Park
- Haunted Mansion - At last year’s D23 event, it was announced that the iconic Hatbox Ghost would be making his appearance at Walt Disney World Resort, and it has now been confirmed that he will be arriving in late November!
- Country Bear Jamboree - In 2024, the Country Bears will be performing a brand new act for guests to enjoy! The show will feature a selection of Disney songs sung in different country music styles, from rockabilly to bluegrass.
- Pirates of the Caribbean - A new lounge in Adventureland will extend the story of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in a first-of-its-kind experience.
- Figment - The purple dragon from Journey Into Imagination is now meeting guests at the Imagination! Pavilion. Plus, there’s a whole new merchandise collection available to purchase in the park inspired by Figment too!
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana - The walk-through experience in World Nature, dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty of the natural world, will be open for guests to explore from October 16th 2023. Will you choose the dry path or brave the wet one? Moana will also be making an appearance starting on this date, greeting fellow wayfarers at a new meet-and-greet location.
- Luminous The Symphony of Us - A brand-new nighttime spectacular will be debuting at EPCOT on December 5th, 2023. It will feature fireworks, lights, lasers, fountains and music.
- World Celebration - The last of EPCOT’s four neighbourhoods will be completed and open for guests to experience from December 2023, uniting the front of the park with World Nature, World Discovery, and World Showcase.
- Test Track - This popular is being reimagined! Taking inspiration from the original World of Motion attraction, the Imagineers will be teaming up with Chevrolet - the sponsor of the ride - to bring a spirit of optimism to this next iteration.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Tree of Life Theater - A brand new show is being created that will have guests travelling through the different biomes of Zootopia alongside Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde and their friends. This will replace the currents It’s Tough To Be a Bug show inside the Tree of Life.
- DinoLand U.S.A. - The exact details have yet to be confirmed, but it has been revealed that DinoLand U.S.A. will be reimagined into a new land inspired by the ‘Tropical Americas’, telling stories from South and Central America.
Our Florida Experts have taken a more in-depth look at these changes to Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and the concepts that could be made a reality before long.
Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Frozen Land - Another sneak peek of the Walt Disney Studios® Park expansion was shared, with concept art showing the village of Arendelle and Elsa’s Ice Palace in this distance.
Disney California Adventure Park
- Avengers Campus - A new attraction will be coming to this MARVEL-themed land! This ride will transport Super Heroes into the multiverse in a ride vehicle described as combining “elements of Tony Stark’s time-suits with Xanadrian jump points and Wakandan technology”.
We can’t wait to see all these new additions to the Disney Parks begin to take shape, and we’re even more excited to actually experience them in the coming months and years! What are you most excited for?