Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the thrill of jet boating along the picturesque Dart River valley then explore ancient beech forests which lie unchanged over millions of years on this amazing tour of stunning Mount Aspiring National Park.
Our guide to Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
A scenic drive takes you along the edge of Lake Wakatipu to Glenorchy where you will board a Dart River jet boat for a 1 and a 1/2 hour journey through the Dart River's ever-changing braided river system.
You will be thrilled by the jet boat's capabilities (including jet spins) and awed by your surroundings of breathtaking snow-capped mountains, ancient native forest, waterfalls, and glacier valleys frozen in time.
The jet boat ride is followed by an easy 30-40 minute guided walk through ancient native Beech forest. The tour finishes with a journey by 4WD safari vehicle along a back-road route while hearing stories about the surrounding countryside and stopping to view scenery that has formed the epic backdrop for many international films, including 'The Lord of the Rings'.
Tour concludes approximately 6 hours after commencement, at Queenstown Information Centre, corner of camp and Shotover Streets.
Daily, year round. Does not operate on 25th December.
From May to Sep: 8.00am or 12.00pm | From Oct to Apr: 8.00am or 12.30pm. Hotel pick-ups start 30 minutes prior to the departure time.
5 to 6 hours.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Dart River Wilderness Jet Safari
- Children must be at least one metre high to ride on the jet boat.
- You will need boots or sturdy shoes. In summer we recommend you have with you a sunhat, sunglasses, sun-block and insect repellent. In winter we recommend you dress very warmly in layers that are easy to remove. You will need to have a hat and gloves, a fleece top and a windproof jacket.
- Please note that cameras are allowed on the jet boat at owner’s risk.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.