Rome Hop-on/Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
4.6 stars: Based on 5 reviews via
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The best way to explore Rome at your leisure and get a real flavour for the city; hop-on and hop off at nine stops around the city situated close to her best known and best-loved monuments and landmarks.
Our guide to Rome Hop-on/Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
With a Double Decker Tour Ticket, you can hop-on any CitySightseeing bus at any of the stops throughout Rome, giving you the freedom and flexibility to explore at your own pace before boarding hopping back on to continue your tour.
What's more, your ticket is valid for either 1-Day (valid from the first to the last departure of the day), 24, 48 or 72 hours and includes two routes around the city allowing for a comprehensive itinerary.
From the Trevi Fountain to the Colosseum, Rome's abundant sights rival those of any other city on the planet, in terms of their beauty, historical importance and ability to simply take your breath away.
Whether your interests lie in antiquity, architecture, cuisine, culture, religion, shopping or sport, Rome has something to suit all tastes.
Stroll through the Pantheon, marvel at Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio and admire the Swiss Guardsmen of Vatican City. Try a proper spaghetti alla Carbonara near the Spanish Steps or sit back with a coffee and people-watch in Piazza Navona.
Alternatively, if you fancy a break from Rome sightseeing, act like a local and take in a Lazio or Roma match at the Olympic Stadium.
Route (subject to change)
- Stop 1 - Largo di Villa Peretti
- Stop 2 - Santa Maria Maggiore
- Stop 3 - Colosseo
- Stop 4 - Circo Massimo
- Stop 5 - Piazza Venezia
- Stop 6 - Vaticano
- Stop 7 - Piazza di Spagna
- Stop 8 - Piazza Barberini
Daily, year round.
The first bus departs from Largo di Villa Peretti at 9.00am. Buses run every 20 minutes until 5.30pm.
Tickets valid for 1-day, 24, 48 or 72 hours depending on the option chosen. The entire loop takes around 2 Hours, although you can hop on and hop off as many times as you like for the duration of your ticket.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Rome Hop-on/Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
- You will be issued with an open-dated ticket voucher which can be redeemed anytime on your visit to Rome. You must print and present a paper version of your booking voucher when you board a City Sightseeing Bus at the following official City Sightseeing stops - Stop n. 6 Vatican - Lungotevere Tor di Nona, 7, 00186 Roma OR Terminal A, Largo di Villa Peretti, 1, 00185 Roma
- Upon redemption, you will receive your 1-Day (valid from the first to the last departure of the day), 24, 48 or 72-hour Hop-on Hop-off Bus ticket.
- Once your voucher has been exchanged, your Hop-on, Hop-off pass validity begins from that point.
- Certain stops and sections of the Hop-on Hop-off bus tour may occasionally be subject to last-minute changes and closures.
- The City Sightseeing Bus service is available every day: High Season (April–October): from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, every 10 minutes; Low season (November –March): from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, every 20 minutes
- Please note that it is now a requirement to wear an FFP2 mask onboard, please ensure you have this to travel on the bus.
- Cancellation policy: Free cancellation until 72 hours before the tour. No refunds are given after this time.
Frequently Asked Questions for Rome Hop-on/Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour
- How do I redeem my voucher?
- You can redeem your voucher when boarding a bus at Stop n. 6 Vatican - Lungotevere Tor di Nona, 7, 00186 Roma OR Terminal A, Largo di Villa Peretti, 1, 00185 Roma
- What does 'Hop On Hop Off mean?
The 'Hop On Hop Off' formula allows passengers to get on and off the bus at their own leisure, whenever and wherever they want at any stop along the route.
- When does the ticket become valid?
The ticket becomes valid immediately after your voucher has been redeemed.
- How long is the hop-on, hop-off pass valid for?
Your hop-on, hop-off pass is valid for 1 Day (valid from the first to the last departure of the day), 24 / 48 / 72-hours and expires exactly 1 Day (valid from the first to the last departure of the day), 24 / 48 / 72 hours after the voucher has been redeemed.