Mount Teide Astronomic Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Experience the amazing night sky from the heights of Mount Teide.
Experience the Astronomic Tour of Teide, in a unique 2-in-1 adventure on this 8-hour journey which combines a Teide Observatory visit with captivating stargazing. Plus we offer transportation from various island locations. A knowledgeable Starlight guide ensures you savour the nighttime wonder of Mt Teide and the National Park.
Our guide to Mount Teide Astronomic Tour
Tenerife is so much more than just sun and beaches. The island is also famous for science, its volcanoes and the stars over Mt Teide.
On this Astronomic Tour of Teide which includes a guided visit of the Teide Observatory in the afternoon. Once it's nighttime, enjoy a stargazing experience using long-range telescopes at 2,356 m, under the clear and pure sky of the Teide National Park, the most visited national park in Europe.
The Canary Islands are one of the three best spots on Earth to observe the sky. The other two spots, just for curiosity’s sake, are Chile and Hawaii. This is why we are fortunate to have the most important solar observatory here in Tenerife.
As part of the tour, you can expect:
- Be introduced to the importance of the sky in the Canary Islands, the Teide Observatory telescopes and the different projects of the Canary Islands Institute of Astrophysics, also known as IAC.
- Participate in the most interesting astrophysics workshop, held in the Teide Observatory visitors centre, shared with you by our Starlight guides, where we explain what astrophysics is and how the astrophysicists in this centre conduct their research.
- Enjoy the sun like never before whilst observing sunspots and solar flares through two solar telescopes that we make available to you.
- Visit the inside of a nocturnal telescope and don’t leave until you know how it functions and learn about its exciting history.
- A stargazing experience on Mount Teide to unravel the mysteries of the starry sky and where it is possible to observe 83 of the 88 officially recognised constellations, due to it being away from the light pollution produced by the urban areas of the island.
- Discover planets, galaxies and clusters like you never would have imagined, thanks to our professional, last generation long range telescopes, which you have at your disposal to go through the most interesting celestial objects of every night, visible from Mount Teide.
We also allow for a meal stop during the tour where you can choose whether to bring your own food or buy our optional picnic.
Optional Sample Picnic Menu (subject to change)
Cured Meat Picnic:
- Water or soft drink
- Sandwich: cured meat and cheese
- Sweet treat
- Water or soft drink
- Veggie Sandwich
- Sweet treat
- Round-trip transportation from a meeting point near your hotel*.
- Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Between 2.15 pm and 4.30 pm depending on the sunset time*.
- Approx 8 hours
*Exact pick up location and start time will be advised once your reservation has been confirmed.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Mount Teide Astronomic Tour
- Itinerary subject to change.
- The pick-up time will vary between 2.15pm and 4.30pm as it depends on the sunset time.
- The schedule depends on the collection point and varies throughout the year, depending on the sunset time. Once you have formalised your reservation, we will inform you of the pick-up time and exact location.
- Children under 8 are cannot participate in the Mount Teide by night trip. Proof of age is required.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing and proper footwear.
- Protect yourself from sunstroke.
- Due to the elevated luminosity, wear sunglasses.
- Take plenty of water on hikes.
- The Astronomic Tour is not recommended for people with poor general physical health (anaemia, heart disease, respiratory problems, and so on), nor for individuals with reduced mobility as the tour requires the use of paths and stairs.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 24 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 24 hours.