Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
- Free cancellations*
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 0800 223 0324
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
The best night tour of Venice!
Venice after dark is a place full of mystery and intrigue. Travelling off-the-beaten-track, you’ll explore the dimly-lit narrow alleyways and cross sleeping canals while being entertained by ghost stories and legends of Venice past and present.
Our guide to Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
This 'chilling' evening walking tour passes through the hidden back streets of Venice which provide the perfect stage for an array of ghost stories and legends from the city's past and present.
Stroll through narrow passageways, cross sleeping canals, and discover abandoned piazza's (campi), while discovering that Venice by night is a place of romance and mystery.
And mind your step as you follow your guide, you don't want to wake the dead! - you'll cross several ancient cemeteries hidden beneath the surface of modern-day Venice.
Discover numerous architectural gems lost in the alleyways including the famous Bovolo staircase - built by a wealthy Venetian, at a time when people still travelled around the city on horse-back, this elaborate staircase enabled the nobleman to ride his horse up to his private apartments.
Get ready for a few surprises as you explore one of the few secret passages left in the city, used by the lover of a noble Venetian lady to gain access to her private apartment without being noticed by her husband.
Throughout, you'll hear intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the night air as your knowledgeable guide entertains you with legends about sea monsters and Venetians such as the classic tale about Marco Polo's wife.
Before the tour finishes at Rialto Bridge, hear stories of rat-infested prison cells as you stroll along the "Calle dei Assassini."
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tour
- This tour takes place in a historical area and is unfortunately not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but the route/itinerary may have to be adapted to the weather conditions.
- You are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- This tour operates with min 5 participants and a maximum of 20 people per tour.
- *CANCELLATION POLICY: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled with the operator up to 72 hours before your chosen activity date. No refunds are given for cancellations made within 72 hours.