Franz Josef Glacier Valley Walk
This ticket is currently not available
This could be because:
- We have sold out
- New seasonal tickets are not yet available
In the meantime:
- Call us on 1800 927 467
- Sign up to hear the latest news and offers:
Sign up for our newsletter
Your Glacier Valley Walk will take you up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed following the glacier's path of retreat in this remarkable landscape. Here you will learn about the glacier’s history, see what is left behind by this majestic giant and learn the legend of Ka Roimata o Hinehukatere.
Our guide to Franz Josef Glacier Valley Walk
This journey to the glacier is the perfect opportunity to learn the role of the Franz Josef Glacier in shaping this remarkable landscape.
After a short walk through the regenerating rainforest, the trip continues along the glacier valley as the guide explains the unique features of the glacier and its surroundings.
Near the terminal face, after a brief climb you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the glacier's rapidly changing terminal face.
Please note this trip does not take you onto the ice.
Tour concludes approximately 3 hours after commencement.
Daily, year round.
9.45am or 2.30pm
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for Franz Josef Glacier Valley Walk
- Hotel transfers are not included.
- Due to health and safety reasons, this tour does not cater for pregnant women.
- Please ensure you take 2-4 warm upper body layers, ideally woollen or polyprop (not cotton); quick drying trousers or shorts (no jeans); snacks and drinks; sunglasses; sunscreen; camera; backpack.
- There is a minimum age requirement of 8 years.
- Franz Josef Glacier receives 16 feet (5 meters) of annual rainfall. Refunds will not be given if you decide not to participate because it is raining or because you may get wet feet during the trip.
- Cancellation Policy: Free cancellations for bookings cancelled prior to your holiday departure date. No refunds are given for cancellations made post departure.